Is it worth S$388 for Vitacon 67mm DSLR HD Pro-Series MC AF Digital 0.5x Wide?

vieramsil

Aug 8, 2010
Dear All,

I am beginner and I have bought S$388 on August 8 2010 for Vitacon 67mm DSLR HD Pro-Series MC AF Digital 0.5x Wide Angle lens wide from the shop in Lucky Plaza.

It is worth for the price at S$388...?

Regards,
RUSY

Dear All,

I am beginner and I have bought S$388 on August 8 2010 for Vitacon 67mm DSLR HD Pro-Series MC AF Digital 0.5x Wide Angle lens wide from the shop in Lucky Plaza.

Regards,
RUSY

Sadly no.

How much the actual price, may be you know?

Thanks

From the brand name, it would be obvious to you what it can do.

VitaCON

So I hope it helps you with your decision :)

Cheers!

PS: If you save for another 400 to 500 more, you can get a true wide angle from the 3rd party lens manufacturers.

You got CONNED.... :sweat:

Dear All,

Regards,
RUSY

You already bought. Already conned. Cost less than $50. :eek:

Dear All,

Regards,
RUSY

Nope, not at all. These are truly rubbish pieces of glass, you would need to *pay me* to attach them to a lens.

You should have done your research before buying. Lucky Plaza is one huge con job, the shop owner is laughing all the way to the bank because of customers like you.

Those Vitacon pieces of rubbish are worth 20-30 SGD at most, and only do more harm than good to your images.

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments.

Never mind, I have called and complained them and will come over to shop, I will cancel the purchase, if they don't want my money back, i will report it to Singapore Police.

Thanks all....

Regards,
IRMAN
:angry:

Dear All,

Never mind, I have called and complained them and will come over to shop, I will cancel the purchase, if they don't want my money back, i will report it to Singapore Police.

Thanks all....

Regards,
IRMAN

Won't work. They didn't do anything illegal. They offered you a price, you accepted it because you chose not to do research and educate yourself first.

I will suggest you not to use if your lens front element rotate while focusing.

This is heavy for the lens as it is mounted on the front thread, as such, it may damage your lens motor sooner or later.

Dear All,

Thanks all....

Regards,
IRMAN

Bro...mistake already made. No point crying over spilt milk. See whether they will refund you the money for returned goods. Normally if it is bubble pack, the retailer won't take it back. Then the next step is to engage CASE to pursue the matter on your behalf. If you are not member of CASE then you got to pay a membership fee.

For info: Vitacon is made for video cameras. The lens due to its lower optic quality will degrade DSLR images.

Hope that helps. :cool:

Dear All,

Thanks all....

Regards,
IRMAN

Move on dude. You have no case. You are offered a price to buy something, and you accepted. Willing buyer willing seller. Even if you sue them in court, you will lose.

Last edited:
You can always complain to CASE. But I won't pin too much hope into it.

Dear All,

Regards,
RUSY

I don't even think this thing is worth $38.80...

new one is $45-50 ........ boy, that's silly.......... NAME THE SHOP at least !

Dear All,

Regards,
RUSY

Dear All,

Thanks all....

Regards,
IRMAN

How come your name can change?
Retail purchases return policy are governed by store policy usually... do you think such a store would have a return policy?
It's really tough luck for you, but there's little you can do. That salesman must've been really convincing to make you part with so much money so readily.
Do you normally buy things (eg. furniture, electronics, car, property, etc) without checking the market price?

I guess.. as a beginner in a certain hobby or business we all get conned sooner or later. Just discovered some similar adapter in the depths of my equipment storage box. I hope I will never find the receipt .. forgetting is a blessing at times :)
TS: move on .. it was a darn expensive lesson you booked here.