Is it worth it to get a new old stock K200D?

Nikkornos

Oct 31, 2008
Singapore/Asia
Lately a few shops in Boston offer the new old stock K200D. Yes, they are still selling this camera as new .... Ritz being one of them.

Some asking for US$450, without the lens. Is it still worth that sort of money?

True enough is only 10M. But seems to be a solid camera still.

Lately a few shops in Boston offer the new old stock K200D. Yes, they are still selling this camera as new .... Ritz being one of them.

Some asking for US$450, without the lens. Is it still worth that sort of money?

True enough is only 10M. But seems to be a solid camera still.

I kinda heard that its AF is not really good. But not sure. Havent tried one before.

If I don't remember wrongly, the sensor was a k10d one. My wife certainly didn't have a problem with the AF. ;-)

But there's so many good cameras after that ... esp Kx.

The K200D is a very competent camera so no worries about it. I sold it previously to upgrade to a K7. But US$450 without lens is really stretching it too much. For that kind of dough, it would be better to get the newer K-x with kit lens. :)

Nikkornos, for that kind of money, NO...
The newer generation of cameras are simply a lot better.

Well i am using K200D only and occasionally, 1 year plus already. Although it is a good camera (solid body, weather sealed), for that price you may want to consider getting the K-x.

But that depends on what you really like. Photo quality is still good but has limited hi-ISO performance. And I looking forward to my next upgrade.

No problem with AF, though.

I own the camera but for that price, you should look into K-x or the upcoming K-r. No doubt it's a good camera but the ISO performance are limited to 1,600 and AF tends to hunt a lot in low light situation. Metering is also not accurate in low light condition.

I own the camera but for that price, you should look into K-x or the upcoming K-r. No doubt it's a good camera but the ISO performance are limited to 1,600 and AF tends to hunt a lot in low light situation. Metering is also not accurate in low light condition.

I have it too. same things I've noticed too haha

Thank you masters, I got you.

I was thinking of using it to partner with a M24mm as a walk around. So AF is no concern.
Seems that the k-x still the better bang of the buck for a long while to come. :)