is it worth it to buy a multicoated polarizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ckiang
Multi-coated ones reduce the chances of flare.

Regards
CK

That's a very diplomatic answer ;) but shuy was asking if multi-coated polariser was worth buying...

The "normal" type should be good enuff. I have used both and can't tell the diff.

It's a psychological question... the more expensive and nice sounding the filter is, the more you tend to be at ease. Pple who own expensive lenses tend to favor the multi-coated ones bcos they've already paid so much for their lenses. What's $90 more?But practically, I find them to be of no significant difference.

i c... well since i dont have $90 extra to spend, i guess i got my answer :)

thanks for the replies!

I didn't think much of them either until recently was shown the two when I was purchasing some lense. If you take a look at the filter side by side (between the normal Hoya single coated and a multi-coated), you can actually tell the difference between the two. Lesser reflection on the HMC filter. Not exactly sure how much it affects the photos optically though.

KS

Originally posted by kssim
I didn't think much of them either until recently was shown the two when I was purchasing some lense. If you take a look at the filter side by side (between the normal Hoya single coated and a multi-coated), you can actually tell the difference between the two. Lesser reflection on the HMC filter. Not exactly sure how much it affects the photos optically though.

KS

optically, i dont think so. perhaps flaring. the difference will be the f-stop or shutter speed. can lose 1/2 stop due to reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.