is it worth getting the wide lens for A80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan84

Nov 1, 2003
hmm...
any improvment?

Depence on what is your interest on. I use a wide most of the time. Only occationally take it out.

what the current price for the wide angle(canon)?
thanks

Hmm the add on widel elnse affect the quality of the pictures is it true?

Hi Tunster,

Saw ur portfolio, coolzz ! :D Are they all taken with a80 ?

Can you share some of your experiences, settings for diff shots with us ? :D

yjoshua said:
Hi Tunster,

Saw ur portfolio, coolzz ! :D Are they all taken with a80 ?

Can you share some of your experiences, settings for diff shots with us ? :D

Yah...all by A80. Anyway exposure is not that important. Almost 99.99999% of my shots are incorrect exposure/WB. All need PS. Hehee. I normally shoot with AV mode with F5.6 locked.

tunster said:
Yah...all by A80. Anyway exposure is not that important. Almost 99.99999% of my shots are incorrect exposure/WB. All need PS. Hehee. I normally shoot with AV mode with F5.6 locked.

hi

first of all, pardon me, ryan84, for gatecrashing into yr post. i'm also considering getting the WA, TELE and macro lens for my A70. but i've read that the WA actually blocks partially both the flash & AIAF assist beam when attached.

tunster, did you encounter any problems with AIAF beam eg. when taking potraits with the WA attached?

other than the WA lens, hv you used the tele and macro lens?

thanks.

mercuryblue said:
hi

first of all, pardon me, ryan84, for gatecrashing into yr post. i'm also considering getting the WA, TELE and macro lens for my A70. but i've read that the WA actually blocks partially both the flash & AIAF assist beam when attached.

tunster, did you encounter any problems with AIAF beam eg. when taking potraits with the WA attached?

other than the WA lens, hv you used the tele and macro lens?

thanks.

I've never use a tele. As A80 is not a very ideal tele performer. Anyway, I encounter flash problem but manage to solve by a self-made bounce. I turned off the beam and if really necessary in low light, I use a torch to focus. My wide is actually double up as a macro lens (two elements). Also same blocking the flash but I also made a bounce for macro up.... :D :D

tunster said:
I've never use a tele. As A80 is not a very ideal tele performer. Anyway, I encounter flash problem but manage to solve by a self-made bounce. I turned off the beam and if really necessary in low light, I use a torch to focus. My wide is actually double up as a macro lens (two elements). Also same blocking the flash but I also made a bounce for macro up.... :D :D

hmm interesting. :think: care to share what exactly is your "self-made bounce" for flash and how you use a "torch" to focus. you mean a torch light??? :bigeyes: sounds really cool to me. :cool:

Em.....the bounce I have posted sometime before. But now got updated version (hahaha...last time use paper now use plastic). Anyway kinda hard to explain. Maybe you can join us on this coming Sunday Morning in SBG to have a look at it.

tunster said:
Em.....the bounce I have posted sometime before. But now got updated version (hahaha...last time use paper now use plastic). Anyway kinda hard to explain. Maybe you can join us on this coming Sunday Morning in SBG to have a look at it.

i will love to hang out with u guys, but my bb boy needs me now. maybe some other time. thx for the info. btw your pics are great! :thumbsup:

just restore my album
here is the comparation
Wide_Angle_1.jpg

Wide_Angle_2.jpg

canon WA cost you 145
canon adaptor cost you 35

mercuryblue
first the viewfinder will be useless anyway if you use a WA cos it will not be accurate anymore and block it or not is not a problem at all you will need to use the LCD anyway
second the beam .... is useless also cos it just help you to focus in dark place.. and since you use a WA i assume you are taking landscape photo and i dun think the beam will help you in anyway ... if not just use something to light up the place for 1-2 sec to focus (just want to make it clear to you the beam is an assistance for focuing in the dark only you can still focus without it as i say since you use WA for landscape)
thrid for the flash ... is really a problem for using it but ... for me i seldom use flash as i always take landscape photo so problem slove again

mercuryblue said:
i will love to hang out with u guys, but my bb boy needs me now. maybe some other time. thx for the info. btw your pics are great! :thumbsup:

Thanks... Hope you can join us next time.

Hi guys,

I guess one way if u really want to use flash w/ the adapter on is to get a slave flash :D

latmo said:
just restore my album
here is the comparation
canon WA cost you 145
canon adaptor cost you 35

mercuryblue
first the viewfinder will be useless anyway if you use a WA cos it will not be accurate anymore and block it or not is not a problem at all you will need to use the LCD anyway
second the beam .... is useless also cos it just help you to focus in dark place.. and since you use a WA i assume you are taking landscape photo and i dun think the beam will help you in anyway ... if not just use something to light up the place for 1-2 sec to focus (just want to make it clear to you the beam is an assistance for focuing in the dark only you can still focus without it as i say since you use WA for landscape)
thrid for the flash ... is really a problem for using it but ... for me i seldom use flash as i always take landscape photo so problem slove again

hi latmo

i think the 2 pix you took with your A80+WA will convince a lot of pp to buy it, man! simply great! :thumbsup:

i think i better not ask so much la, just go to the shop & try it out myself. that's the best soln. ;)

helo...

just curious, are there other lens better than canon WC-DC52? those heavlier type? i seen on the www.pbase.com someone using those very solid looking lens, but not sure isit tele or wc. i am new btw with lens thingy.

Can i able to have futher shots using tele lens? something like 8x or so? can anyone explain to me what brands or size A80 is compatible for using lens?

If you are comparing material, those metal casing + glass lenses will be more durable of course. As the original Cons are using plastic. Quality will depence on the make. It varies from brands. I have one made in Germany, 0.5X Wide Con. Quality quite promising.

View it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.