Is it true that Primary school kids now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Is it true that Primary school kids now.....do not have a chance to experience in using basic daily tools like brooms or dust pans to clean their class roooms.......?

No such thing as duty rosters in class anymore for them to do things like sweeping the class as in "pupil on duty" thingy....

Hmmm i was shock!!!! when i got to know about it yesterday...from my nieces and nephews....

:dunno:

Teachers....any inputs?....

rgds,
sulhan

They did away with blackboard, duster and chalk several years ago as 'it might be unhealthy for the students'. (I think many of us survived chalk, duster & blackboard and we're still alive).

Nowadays, we see all kindsa weird complaints parents have against teachers.

I'm not surprised if some schools did away with da duty roster thingy. :D

Man, why are singapore parent so pampering toward their children?... geez, a bit of chalk dusk doesn't kill, I believe, the chemical smell of white board markets are more poisonous... what their parent are probably doing is making their children more and more isolated from basic social interaction... shees...

RossChang said:
Man, why are singapore parent so pampering toward their children?... geez, a bit of chalk dusk doesn't kill, I believe, the chemical smell of white board markets are more poisonous... what their parent are probably doing is making their children more and more isolated from basic social interaction... shees...

b'coz, last time, parent got 3 or more child.
Now, parent got only 1. 100% attention..

therat said:
b'coz, last time, parent got 3 or more child.
Now, parent got only 1. 100% attention..
100% Attention?... u sure? sounds more like 400% (Over)Attention and Protection...

RossChang said:
100% Attention?... u sure? sounds more like 400% (Over)Attention and Protection...

if include grandparents... why not?

U see nowsdays, how the young kid behave....
how the parents behave... :sweat:

mpenza said:
maybe eye controlled screen ;p u use ur eyes to write.
I thought "eye power" only existed in the army :bsmilie:

in future i think no need study liao, insert a chip into the brain can liao :bsmilie:
people no longer compare what educational level u got, they will ask what chip u've got :bsmilie: (joking)

sulhan said:
Is it true that Primary school kids now.....do not have a chance to experience in using basic daily tools like brooms or dust pans to clean their class roooms.......?

No such thing as duty rosters in class anymore for them to do things like sweeping the class as in "pupil on duty" thingy....

Nope. I think your nephew and niece were not informed of their duties or something. Even in secondary school, we have duty rosters... The school only washes down the classroom once a year.

cast123 said:
in future i think no need study liao, insert a chip into the brain can liao :bsmilie:
people no longer compare what educational level u got, they will ask what chip u've got :bsmilie: (joking)

sandisk ultra2 8G CF enuff? or lexar better?

For the welfare of these kids, recess time should not be taken away and used for cleaning the classroom.

drafting88 said:
For the welfare of these kids, recess time should not be taken away and used for cleaning the classroom.

i get the impression from my children that recess or PE lessons are taken away at the slightest misbehaviour of the pupils. i have asked my son to record it down in his diary whenever it happens and the reasons for taking away. If there is a case, i will bring it up to the school.

I feel that such breaks or periods of physical exercise should not be taken away for such reasons. valid reasons would include rains, threathening lightnings or PSI at unhealthy levels.

drafting88 said:

when i was in pri sch ... recess was NEVER taken to clean classrooms ... its 'come to class 15 min early and clean'

now in jc also got duty roster lor .. only we hardly follow it =X

drafting88 said:
Hmm.... perhaps its my school, but recess time is always used for cleaning classrooms.

Of cos, the crazier ones would come back to class on a Saturday morning to change the water in the aquarium (that would juz be me and my bud).

Of cos, the age-old "taking-away-PE-and-Moral-Ed-classes-becos-exam-is-coming" had been there since I was in Primary 1. Its kinda strange no parents brought this up 10++ years ago and parents are only bringing it up now, citing welfare, 'rights' of students, etc, etc.

Hmm... We still survived all those, corporal punishment and stuff like dat without us turning into so-called 'psychopath maniacs with a tendency towards violence'. Since humans haven't evolved much physically and biologically over the past 20yrs, it makes me wonder why parents nowadays are defending the child when the child deserved the corporal punishment by the Principal or the teacher.

Sigh... The world is getting weirder by the minute, I dun think I can make any sense outta it. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.