is it true that photos look sharper on a mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I viewed the same set of photos on my macbook and on my PC and i find that the quality of the phots look better and sharper on the mac...

why is that so?:dunno:

Are you using LCD or CRT monitor for the PC? Did you calibrate properly?

Was at my client's place where they're running both PC and Macs. Just for the fun of it, we test out the Mac 23 inch screen against a non Mac screen ( can't remember the brand ) using the same CPU, a PC ( a custom build one bought in Feb 07 for their creative dept ). Connect the Mac screen to the PC than the non Mac screen. We agreed that the Mac screen looks better. Tried the same with the G5 and the Mac screen looks even better. I'm not a tech kind of guy so I can't say if this makes senes or not, but this is what I saw about 3 mths ago. Maybe it's due to the setting on the Mac and the PC, as I said, I'm not that much of a tech guy so I woun't know.

TS, hope this helps :)

I believe it's how the Mac OS and Win XP handles color.

Why not we meet up and compare. I will bring my Power Mac laptop with me and somebody bring a PC...

Was at my client's place where they're running both PC and Macs. Just for the fun of it, we test out the Mac 23 inch screen against a non Mac screen ( can't remember the brand ) using the same CPU, a PC ( a custom build one bought in Feb 07 for their creative dept ). Connect the Mac screen to the PC than the non Mac screen. We agreed that the Mac screen looks better. Tried the same with the G5 and the Mac screen looks even better. I'm not a tech kind of guy so I can't say if this makes senes or not, but this is what I saw about 3 mths ago. Maybe it's due to the setting on the Mac and the PC, as I said, I'm not that much of a tech guy so I woun't know.

TS, hope this helps :)

look better is no use if it does not match the print. my old philips 107T monitor is 97% close to the print I get from KT lab. well the print look super hence my monitor.

look better is no use if it does not match the print. my old philips 107T monitor is 97% close to the print I get from KT lab. well the print look super hence my monitor.

Spot on. Same here. I had adjusted and adjusted, my LCD matches prints.

Pictures on my Acer laptop look a hell of a lot sharper and better than on my flatmate's macbook pro.

So it has a lot to do with the LCD used.

Are you using LCD or CRT monitor for the PC? Did you calibrate properly?

shouldn't the question be more like,
Are you using a $1000 LCD for your PC, or a cheap one?

it is not this reason but more on that mac used to use in the publishing industry in years ago so they already follow the industry standard of how images should be in their os but not pc.Bill gates do not believe in standards always try his own standard and force pple to follow.

Mac invades earth and brainwashes the world!

mac screen by default is gamma 1.8 whereas pc screens by default is gamma 2.2. in this sense the mac is brighter.

sharpness is purely the resolution of the various screens. mac screens r generally quite high res so if u r comparing it to the common pc screen there's bound to b a difference in favour of the mac.

Why not we meet up and compare. I will bring my Power Mac laptop with me and somebody bring a PC...

hi...whats is your spec of your LCD on your laptop?

I think mac looks good on their displays is because of the cable they are using, firstly most computers windows base are using VGA unless you opt to use DVI and all macs are using DVI, but i dont find any difference when i see the mac book and the lappy mostly the same. Unless you are talking about the Macbook Pro, because of their high res graphic card by NVIDA. So i think is because specially made for mac.

OMG the amount of misinformation in this thread is obscene.

No offence bro, but most PCs these days connect to LCDs via DVI too. And secondly, the graphics chips on Macs are far inferior to the high end 8800 series from Nvidia from PCs.

I think some of you need to have a look at pictures on a Dell Ultrasharp 24" connected to a dual core Wintel machine then see if you still think that images look better on a mac :think:

:bsmilie:

so how??? :dunno:

maybe something more constructive by knowledgeable CS-ers like which mac screens and which PC LCD screens are better for editing or proofing of images?

my comment stems from the fact that we are now comparing brands, not products.

saying that a mac is better or sharper than a PC is like saying Canon SLRs are better than Nikon ones (or vice versa) without even comparing actual cameras!

can a 350D be sharper than a D2Xs or a D50 be better than a 1DsMkII?

go figure..

Status
Not open for further replies.