is it true that photos look sharper on a mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know whether this has any bearing now but I can recall that during the early days, PC was "text" based whereas Apple (Mac) was "graphic" based. These may still account for it.

Basically macs have very high resolution screen and very good displays. so.... it accounts for that

and Mac screen uses different gamma from PC screen too.

I am using the default Windows picture viewer, the photo dun look as sharp. I dun have ACDSee on my office Wiindows, only the default viewer, so can't really conclude. I said as if I didn't say huh. :embrass:

yes by spec
but visually ..... :think:

i wonder which one matters more

when it comes to specs vs vivisual ............

I'll chose specs, just need to tell the client "look at the screen" :lovegrin:

Damn, I should stay away from you. Tonight going to have dreams of G4....G5.....iMac.....$$$$$$$......etc.

mac screens's gamma 1.8 whereas mostly in windows its gamma 2.2?

can adjust though..

We're talking about just looking at the screen

Some Apple Cinemas and Dell widescreen flat panels share the same LG Philips LCD panels. So I don't get it? It's not like the displays are all manufactured by Microsoft and Apple standards. Just about all the different Apple Cinema sizes use different panels with varying IQ levels, and connecting Apple Cinemas to a PC doesn't magically change the panel's properties.

Which reminds me, are you even looking at images with the same screen? It's very stupid, IMO, to view at the images using different screens and coming to the conclusion that images look fantastic on Macs and not on PCs. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to know that a PC environment viewed with a $50 dollar CRT looks like crap compared to a Mac environment viewed with a $5000 Apple Cinema display. Now try the identical display on both setups.

Okay, I was wrong, fonts are included. But again, what's this got to do with pictures?!

it depends on the quality of the LCD that is use, the spec of the LCD makes big differences.

I think mac looks good on their displays is because of the cable they are using, firstly most computers windows base are using VGA unless you opt to use DVI and all MAC's are using DVI, but i dont find any difference when i see the mac book and the lappy mostly the same. Unless you are talking about the Macbook Pro, because of their high res graphic card by NVIDA. So i think is because specially made for mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.