Is it safe to use gaffer tape on camera body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragius said:
Hello Bro,

Can i meet up with you at your nearest MRT, so i guess i do need to pass my Cam over to you. The body is in quite a terrible state liao but i do not want further damage

So do let me know where is your nearest MRT so i can pass over my cam to you. anyway my contact 96223365, confirm it is $15 to gaffer my 10D rite? :)
I'll be at CP at around 6.30pm later :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i haven buy my cam yet... besides... i haven use the black roll i bought from you even... hehehe... might be using it to lay the room later...

oh ya... dragnius... the roll canturn sells, is REALLY BIG!!! worth the money...

How big is the roll (how many inch by yard)?

dragius said:
Assume ESPN bro is using the same Gaffer tape as what you are selling?

yes, its the same. safe to say all CSers got their gaffer tape from canturn at one time or the other. ;)

which reminds me - canturn. hope u still bringing the tape in next year? i'm down to half a roll left from ur previous MO. may need to order again in early 2005. :embrass:

Hey guy please use 3M black plastic gaffer tape that dosen't leave a sticky subtance after you pull them out. :nono: Or else normal gaffer tape will leave behind a very sticky subtance that actually will harden rubber, peel off paint and corrode plastic. I am NOT A 3M SALEMAN. But have listen to "poeple" advise put on gaffer tape on my be loved Canon T90 after a few years what a sticky mess. My baby T90 have all the above sympton. :cry: I have try the 3M one is good but only up to five years then the sticky subtance start to appear on the side. I don't want to take any chances I will them remove and the result is the same the camera surface is will protected. :bsmilie:

espn said:
I'll be at CP at around 6.30pm later :)

Alamak bro not around town leh, can i drop it off later tonight, anyway you can contact me at 96223365, i can deliver it to you house if necessary.

Cheers!

singscott said:
Hey guy please use 3M black plastic gaffer tape that dosen't leave a sticky subtance after you pull them out. :nono: Or else normal gaffer tape will leave behind a very sticky subtance that actually will harden rubber, peel off paint and corrode plastic. I am NOT A 3M SALEMAN. But have listen to "poeple" advise put on gaffer tape on my be loved Canon T90 after a few years what a sticky mess. My baby T90 have all the above sympton. :cry: I have try the 3M one is good but only up to five years then the sticky subtance start to appear on the side. I don't want to take any chances I will them remove and the result is the same the camera surface is will protected. :bsmilie:

Ehhi think the Gaffer tape from the US would also be the same thing right? :dunno:

singscott said:

Singcott: where did you buy the gaffer from? I've sold hundreds of rolls to CS members, so far no probs.

Well I buy them from supply shop for hardware or stationaries or where shop sell party stuffs. I have not buy any from canturn, if no one have any problem I guess it should be OK. But seriously should check the 3M ones.

The true test is to peel off the gaffer tape but must be there on the camera for more than six months. If it leave a sticky subtance on the camera after remove then BEWARE :eek: This sticky subtance is actually acidic. :sweat:

Welcome to the 'Bak Zhang' club!!!
Anyway, why torture yourself with such ugly looking cameras, why bother? :dunno:

who so eng to put for 6mths den see can anot den apply?

btw, just thinking, every tape/glue have a shelf life, and an expiry date (ppl from nitto told me) and they have a different melting point also, so does the gaffer's glue able to withstand the high temperature like placed in a car under the sun? i think no one can gurantee that the properties will remain normal, esp when the body is a metal.

:sweat: I mean those who are already in bak zhang club already la. Use your brain use your brain. :blah: If you have put it on for more than six month peel one piece see it melt :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

singscott said:
:sweat: I mean those who are already in bak zhang club already la. Use your brain use your brain. :blah: If you have put it on for more than six month peel one piece see it melt :sweatsm:

any ppl opening up their bah zhang? i think nxt year may period den have liao... ;p i waiting for ppl to throw their 1D mark II looking like a bah zhang down the singapore river for remembrance of Qiu Yuan nxt year... :bsmilie:

Anyone got samples of the 'gaffered' camera body? I got a new D70... dunno wanna gaffer up anot... How long does it last?

i'm not so sure about this gaffer tape or cloth tape thing. i would think both types of tape will absorb perspiration and dust will collect at the sticky parts. maybe harmful to the cam in the long run ;p

i have had my eos 630 for more than 14 years. no gaffer tape whatsoever. still looks pretty good to me ;p

kex said:
worn out cameras looks sexier leh..

:cool:

I also feel the same!
But however, believe it or not?! Some ppl even sell off their camera when there is a minor scratches on it as they are not happy wif it anymore...dun be surprised as I came across such ppl! Not a very healthy sign as I wonder they are more engross with camera or on actual photography itself? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.