Is it safe in Thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leumas01

Sep 5, 2005
eunos.crescent
leumas01.multiply.com
I am leaving for Krabi this friday but the local and foreign media is causing fear among tourist like me who loves Thailand. Paid about $400 already for the trip and did lots of planning to view the sights to capture the beauty of Krabi on photo but ....

Any advise? Or anyone with more frightening news to tell me? I need more views and advise before i step foot in Krabi.

Thanks keep the posts coming. :(

woah. daring.:thumbsup:

I am leaving for Krabi this friday but the local and foreign media is causing fear among tourist like me who loves Thailand. Paid about $400 already for the trip and did lots of planning to view the sights to capture the beauty of Krabi on photo but ....

Any advise? Or anyone with more frightening news to tell me? I need more views and advise before i step foot in Krabi.

Thanks keep the posts coming. :(

U look more like thai or typical singaporean? :devil:

scare dun go...

dying in sg and oversea no diff la...still die ma...its how you die...

later i walk out of sch i can kill by a mad man le...its the same wat...

dun worry...just go there and enjoy yourself to the fullest...

just came back from phuket on sat....nothing wrong at all....went phiphi as well.

dont mean to be rude / crude...
but if ur scared....then just stay in SG forever then.
everywhere u go..there's bound to be deaths / robberies / rape...not liek sg dont have such things.

also....dont forget "acts of God"

Just back from Bkk after staying for eight days. Nothing to worry, enjoy myself went to movie show and Chinatown for CNY, very exciting, road jam, alot of food to eat during CNY days. Having been going there every month for the past seven month.

The thing to worry more is robbery. My neighbor was in Thailand last year in Dec. He and his wife drove there. His wife got down to buy things from a shop, leaving him in his car. A chap suddenly stuck a knife at his neck through the open driver's seat window. He struggled with the guy and got himself cut on his arm. His wallet was gone. He had to go to the hospital to stitch up and then make a report to the Thai police.

Just be on the lookout and be alert of things and people around you. :cool:

Krabi is a nice and peaceful town. If you can, bring a 200mm or even further, then you can capture the rockclimbers there in action! Check out for routes above 7a+ cuz thats where the pro climbers with REALLY good moves would be lead climbing.

Went there in 2005, pity didnt bring my camera as I wanted to enjoy climbing only :) The sights there are beautiful too. Dont worry about the Thais, they shared their bong with me. HAHA.

Just smile everywhere you go.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not issued any travel advisories against travelling to Thailand. So that means it's still alright... :)

i hand carried my camera around bangkok and pattaya for about 8 days with no issues.

but if someone steals ur camera, don't chase. it isn't worth it. the value of ur camera is not how much ur life is worth.

I guess it's safe. Cos i just happen to chat up a lady colleague who is working in bangkok. She seems like "WHY NOT?" haha guess i will just start packing for it.

Any other tips for krabi?

Status
Not open for further replies.