Is it possible to order lenses directly from Shriro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
Want to get the Silver FALs. But hard to get locally. :(

Yeah, you can order lenses and cameras from Shriro directly :)

Silver FA Limiteds look really nice, hope you'd get them soon.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Thanks Fengwei. I had emailed them to ask for a quotation first. Just scare that they charge too high - What I expect would be $950-1050 for 77, $650-700 for 43 and $1300-1400 for 31. Hope they don't price it much higher than my expected price. Intending to get the full set before they go EOL. By then I think the price will really soar, esp the FA31 and 77. Hmm, nice way to fight inflation in this times of bad economy? But there goes my year end bonus. Ha.

Cheers!

Really, I asked Kevin at Shriro once, and he said I have to buy from the stores. hmm...

When i see this thread, it reminded me of a disappointed experience with Shriro Sales Department.:angry::bsmilie:

Thanks Fengwei. I had emailed them to ask for a quotation first. Just scare that they charge too high - What I expect would be $950-1050 for 77, $650-700 for 43 and $1300-1400 for 31. Hope they don't price it much higher than my expected price. Intending to get the full set before they go EOL. By then I think the price will really soar, esp the FA31 and 77. Hmm, nice way to fight inflation in this times of bad economy? But there goes my year end bonus. Ha.

u funny leh, last time already advice u to get the 77mm... :kok: u head :bsmilie:

anyway i dun think it will be any cheaper than the shops, they need to protect the dealers anyway... only helpful if u need a lens thats is hard to get... the FA LTDs i see quite a few at OP... dun think they will be extinct so soon la...

As some said above, the price from Shriro might not be cheaper than those from stores. You'd better order it from stores like CP or MS Color if you want full warrantied set.

u funny leh, last time already advice u to get the 77mm... :kok: u head :bsmilie:

anyway i dun think it will be any cheaper than the shops, they need to protect the dealers anyway... only helpful if u need a lens thats is hard to get... the FA LTDs i see quite a few at OP... dun think they will be extinct so soon la...
Haha, no regrets with the 70 also lah. Just want both sets of Limteds. Having a rather serious LBA here. ): I dint see any silver ones at OP the previous time. I am trying shashinki at the moment.

If Shriro really do Sales, I don't think they will Sales any cheaper than the retail because they need to protect the retail...

If Shriro really do Sales, I don't think they will Sales any cheaper than the retail because they need to protect the retail...

Yes...yes. Some more the Japanese Yen is on very high side, not the good timing to order from Japan. ;)

Shiro cannot price lower than those retailing. It will be undercutting and bad for retailers.
Like price at retailer price.

otc

Oops, Shashinki is malaysia webby. Ha. Thay got sell alot of Pentax stuff.

With the high yen now, I think regardless of whether you get from Shriro or CP or AP or MS, I think the price would be high. While Shriro is obligated to sell at full retail cost (except during special offers like PC Show or Mall Road show), its retailers may quietly offer some discount to aid in the stock movement. Hence I think it best to get it from the retailers.
Off topic...since I got my limited DA set (21, 40, 70 less 35), my BBB virus has been cured! I no longer look at new lenses and drool..hah hah
Now waiting to see how the 15mm is and maybe if price and timing right, will get it too...:)

With the high yen now, I think regardless of whether you get from Shriro or CP or AP or MS, I think the price would be high. While Shriro is obligated to sell at full retail cost (except during special offers like PC Show or Mall Road show), its retailers may quietly offer some discount to aid in the stock movement. Hence I think it best to get it from the retailers.
Off topic...since I got my limited DA set (21, 40, 70 less 35), my BBB virus has been cured! I no longer look at new lenses and drool..hah hah
Now waiting to see how the 15mm is and maybe if price and timing right, will get it too...:)
AH. Since i got my pancake trio, my LBA has gotten worse. I went for the da35 and now I want the complete set of FALs... >:

AH. Since i got my pancake trio, my LBA has gotten worse. I went for the da35 and now I want the complete set of FALs... >:

That means what you really wanted was the full set of FALs, not DALs...heh heh..Once you sold off all your DALs and buy the entire set of FALs, I'm sure your LBA will be cured. I was never interested in th FA series because one of my criteria is prime performance but small and compact. ;)

That means what you really wanted was the full set of FALs, not DALs...heh heh..Once you sold off all your DALs and buy the entire set of FALs, I'm sure your LBA will be cured. I was never interested in th FA series because one of my criteria is prime performance but small and compact. ;)
I love the design of the DALs. And I guess I will never sell them off. The FAL is really to experience the Pentax legacy and moreoever, they are resistant to depreciation. So grab them while they are still available!

If you love the FA Limiteds, you don't need to buy them all at one time. You can buy them one by one so it'd be a lot easier :) I saw a couple of FA Limited selling at the b&s forum, and I'm sure you can find them easily on eBay (where I got all of my silver ones).

Good luck.

If you love the FA Limiteds, you don't need to buy them all at one time. You can buy them one by one so it'd be a lot easier :) I saw a couple of FA Limited selling at the b&s forum, and I'm sure you can find them easily on eBay (where I got all of my silver ones).

Good luck.
I see. Thanks Fengwei. Dunno why, I have the feeling that they might be going EOL soon. Just a hunch. Ha. Prefer to get them new since the savings isn't much for 2nd hand. U have both the black and Silver?!!!

I see. Thanks Fengwei. Dunno why, I have the feeling that they might be going EOL soon. Just a hunch. Ha. Prefer to get them new since the savings isn't much for 2nd hand. U have both the black and Silver?!!!

It's hard to get all three in Silver color brand new nowadays. I think Pentax only make them in black now :dunno:

I had three black ones, but changed to these beautiful silver ones sometime last year:

PentaxFA_LE_Lenses_w_Cases_s.jpg

All new FA Limiteds come w/ black synthetic leather pouches now, instead of those colorful real leather ones in the above photos ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.