Is it Possible to Convert NEF to CR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald

Dec 17, 2007
Bukit Gombak
www.xbklhub.com
My wedding actual day photographer using D80 and left me with 400+ NEF's. And I am so much used to Canon DPP raw processing.

Is there any software or techniques to convert (preferrably batching) NEF files to CR2 format?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

My wedding actual day photographer using D80 and left me with 400+ NEF's. And I am so much used to Canon DPP raw processing.

Is there any software or techniques to convert (preferrably batching) NEF files to CR2 format?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

An alternative is to use free and unlimited Nikon View from Nikon website. On left side bar, click Quick Adjstment and play with the control given or click Launch Utility to make further detailed adjustment to NEF file. Save the adjustment make and convert NEF to JPEG or TIFF to your liking.

Alternatively, select all the files and convert them to TIFF or JPEG for further processing.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Last edited:
no, all raw files from different brands of camera are not compatible, even different models from the same brand, that's why we need keep updating raw file plug in for photoshop.

An alternative is to use free and unlimited Nikon View from Nikon website. On left side bar, click Quick Adjstment and play with the control given or click Launch Utility to make further detailed adjustment to NEF file. Save the adjustment make and convert NEF to JPEG or TIFF to your liking.

Alternatively, select all the files and convert them to TIFF or JPEG for further processing.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Thanks for the advise!

I wanted to convert them into CR2, also with the purpose of using DPP to process. :) Maybe I shall just install the Nikon view to edit the NEF's.

Hi,

Does anybody have the link to download the Nikon View Software?

Can't seem to find it on the Nikon Website.

Thanks!

You could also use ACR to process your NEFs

But if you're too used to one software, then it is better not to change the file types.

Status
Not open for further replies.