Is it possible to convert a digital image onto film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoa_rs

Jan 10, 2003
Siglap
Visit site
ok i know this is a kinda stupid question, but i was just curious. :D

Originally posted by thoa_rs

is possible, but most of the time ppl want to do it the other way round...:D

Yes, pleas check with Eugene at Ruby Photo and let him know that you referenced by Simone.

Originally posted by Dagger

Yes, pleas check with Eugene at Ruby Photo and let him know that you referenced by Simone.

a few questions, but where is ruby photo? how much does it cost? and is there a significant decrease of quality?

Originally posted by ckiang
Can be done, but the cost is high. Something like $30-40 per FRAME or thereabouts.

Regards
CK

oh my god

anybody tried it before?
actually, if you think about it, it doesn't really make sense to do that, unless you die-die must use a slide projector or you're gonna preserve a negative for all eternity. even for preservation's sakes, you can still make multiple backups of a digital file and it'll still be cheaper.

i can't think of why else any1 would wanna convert digital to film.

Originally posted by Larry
actually, if you think about it, it doesn't really make sense to do that, unless you die-die must use a slide projector or you're gonna preserve a negative for all eternity. even for preservation's sakes, you can still make multiple backups of a digital file and it'll still be cheaper.

i can't think of why else any1 would wanna convert digital to film.

Agree...Agree...

perhaps it's to take part in competitions that does not accept entries from digital cameras....

Originally posted by mpenza
perhaps it's to take part in competitions that does not accept entries from digital cameras....

yeah thats the reason ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
aaahhhhh ok ok. but usually competitions don't just accept slides alone right? i mean, the submission norm is 8R prints. unless they stipulate no-manipulation, then you have to produce a original slide or negative (which is kinda silly IMHO - slides and negs can still be manipulated).

anyway, my kaypoh 2 cents worth. :D

wah... The way it looks, it's more economical to buy a film camera and take the photo........... I didn't know there were such rules.

A little OT here. Maybe still photographers won't convert, but film makers (movies) do it. Star Wars EP2 was done this way. Filmed on digital but when released to non-digital projection theaters they had to make a film print from the digital files.

Sometimes after editing a film which has been telecined and edited digitally, they normally do a film cut, literally cutting the developed film and sync-ing it to the audio track. Or do it the SW way.

Originally posted by Silverelf
wah... The way it looks, it's more economical to buy a film camera and take the photo........... I didn't know there were such rules.
there are still such rules, but from what i observe, more and more contests are allowing for digital prints to be submitted. previously they were mostly film-based.

so don't discount using a digital cam yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.