Is it possible to colour calibrate a laptop screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all
i have a question about calibration of a laptop screen.
i know that i am able to change the R G B values on a desktop monitor during calibration.
i dont recall being able to do that on a laptop.

is it possible to calibrate a laptop screen?

thanks

I did calibrate my dell inspiron 6400 screen using a spyder2pro.

Though there might not be any external controls for RBG channels/backlight/brightness, you still can run the calibration software to ensure the colours you get are accurate, as I think it loads a "colour table" into your video card which will display more accurate colours than the default.

I've had accurate prints from my laptop to my epson 3850 so far, so I'd say it's very possible :)

I used my acer for post works too. Calibrated with Spyder express :) Although no controls to define like brightness and contrast, the sypder will still calibrate nevertheless and giving me quite accurate colors. :)

I did calibrate my dell inspiron 6400 screen using a spyder2pro.

Though there might not be any external controls for RBG channels/backlight/brightness, you still can run the calibration software to ensure the colours you get are accurate, as I think it loads a "colour table" into your video card which will display more accurate colours than the default.

I've had accurate prints from my laptop to my epson 3850 so far, so I'd say it's very possible :)

Vec... I share the same notebook as yours... maybe I will try to do the same too :)

Try the new spyder3. Maybe that's better.

But it's not much use calibrating your monitor if you're not doing colour critical work. I print, so I calibrate.

For those without serious printing needs, you can just post process and send to a lab for them to handle the colour.

Try the new spyder3. Maybe that's better.

But it's not much use calibrating your monitor if you're not doing colour critical work. I print, so I calibrate.

For those without serious printing needs, you can just post process and send to a lab for them to handle the colour.

Actualy it does help especially if you can get the ICC profile of your lab so you can colour match at home :D

Actualy it does help especially if you can get the ICC profile of your lab so you can colour match at home :D

But when we're talking about people who aren't certain about calibration, maybe it's better to just let the lab handle everything :)

There are many webpages to read up on this subject. Google is your best friend!

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps10_colour/ps10_1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_calibration

Just a sample if you look around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.