Is it possible for a model to post her pic for critique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annamogutova

Dec 29, 2006
Norway
www.annamogutova.com
Hey guys!

I was reading different posts and wondering whether it's possible for me to post my pics to get your critique or just an opinion about my look and work of the photographer....

I guess i'll understand that as soon as i get the first response;)

So here we go, the pic that i want to get your opinion, both positive and negative ones are welcomed!!!

pic.php

I'm not a mod. But I certainly don't see any problems with that. In fact it would actually be a great idea where models and photographers might benefit. :)

are you a professional model, and what sorta modelling do u do? fashion editorial or commercial?

i think you have a very commercial face.. and ad agencies like smiling faces haha

also... the DI on your pics are not doing u justice..

Am doing different types of modeling.
What is DI?

DI- digital imaging, or generally photoshop manipulation.

I think u have the potential, but the photographers somehow didnt do justice to u.. most pics uses very flat lighting, a style that is getting out of date..

Hey guys!

I was reading different posts and wondering whether it's possible for me to post my pics to get your critique or just an opinion about my look and work of the photographer....

I guess i'll understand that as soon as i get the first response;)

So here we go, the pic that i want to get your opinion, both positive and negative ones are welcomed!!!

pic.php

Personally, I don't see any issue with it. Are you back in Russia?

i normally do talk to my subjects b4 shoot, wanna ask u, have ur photographer talk to u b4 the shoot? Have u or the photographer knows what to achieve?

B4 i shoot maternity (example), i always ask the couple, what is maternity? Understanding the couple, and for couple to understanding me is very very important.

Hi, I need to ask you a question first. What is your intention for that picture? Since it is in the modelmayhem site, I am assuming that you would like this picture to represent you and maybe generate more work. Assuming that this is the case, I don't feel the picture is doing you any justice.

I suppose the model can put up the photo for critique. However, IMHO, permission should be sought from the photographer first, especially if the photographer is identifiable from the shot. He/She may not want to be associated with the shot.

im not sure if this picture knows what it wants to be... at first blush it looks like one of those national geographic close up potrait spreads.. but it lacks the intimacy of such pictures. the lighting isnt great either.
the subjects expression is also rather devoid of expression..

as a photo for a model's portfolio im not sure if this shows you in your best light either. you definitely have good features and gorgeous eyes.. but this particular photo doesnt show you at your best.

Eastern European look. :)

Thank you all for spending time looking at the pic!!! I really do appreciate it!

- Yes, I'm back to Russia, but really want to come back as I like Sing a lot! Will see if I get such an oportunity:)
- No, I didn't talk with the photographer of that shot about that, but of course we communicate dbefore the shoot.
- Nobody before ever told me that i have eastern european look. Nobody before ever guessed that I'm from Russia or any other slavic countries. Usually people tell me that i'm from the north of europe.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN!

If you still have smth to to say - please do it, i like constructive critisizm, it makes me realize in what way i can improve myself.

The question is what you want us to critique on? Your looks or your works?

This is a photography forum, so in general, we critique your photography works more than your looks. May I ask if that photo is taken by you, a self-portrait?

On another hand, if you want us to critique your looks, I'm afraid this forum may not be the right one. :(

No offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.