Is it okay to use socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormy

Nov 11, 2008
use the socks as lens pouch? maybe 1-2 layer to protect.

cuz i find camera bags ugly so i just wanna save cost, wrap the lens with socks and chuck it in my bag.
any problems with that? :dunno:

shouldnt be... as long as you keep it well padded it should be alright...

my camera survived travelling around australia with a towel as padding haha

I find no problems with that - so long as they are clean :p

yes you can.

the socks can also double as a flash diffuser is emergency situations when the value of the picture overrules the value of your pride. but yea it works. =p

why not, so long it protect ur gear....I often use my towel to cover it as well..:bsmilie:

I used your method before. but i used 3 socks. :)

Haha, not to mention you are giving your lens your very own "signature identification" treatment! nobody can steal your lenses ever! ;)

I guess you can, but please do remember to use a different pair from those that you use for your feet!

yes you can.

the socks can also double as a flash diffuser is emergency situations when the value of the picture overrules the value of your pride. but yea it works. =p

I was just thought about this when I saw the title of the thread... ha ha

Only one thing may makes me don't want use shock - some socks could have the tiny cotton / fiber that will stick to any surface. Like some towel

I used to use towel to wrap around my lens/cam while bringing around, then I noticed significant increase in dust specks inside the lens and sensor.

Absolutely OK for me... cuz i'm using SAF socks for them haha...

i sooooo did not think of the idea of SOCKS before. i have been too bent on getting lens cases to keep them...

thank you so much for opening up this option for me, because i am going to use socks when i wanna travel light..!

an interesting idea I may say. but won't it cause lint or dust problem because the weaving of socks are usually not as close-knit so fine dust can still get through?

i know of pple who do this. So i guess it's alright! ;)

an interesting idea I may say. but won't it cause lint or dust problem because the weaving of socks are usually not as close-knit so fine dust can still get through?

i guess TS main idea is to use the sock as a shock absorber, not so much as a protection against dust/lint :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.