Is it ok to give umbrellas as X"mas present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
Anyone know if there's a taboo about giving umbrellas for Christmas as gifts?

thanks..

Anyone know if there's a taboo about giving umbrellas for Christmas as gifts?

thanks..

Kex,

If you give it to your mom or aunties, they will kiss you for it.

If you give it to your girlfriend, she will hammer you with it.:bsmilie:

not me la..

a frd of mine thinking of giving out umbrellas as corporate gifts to her clients..

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

However, I see no point of people celebriting if they are not Christians. They means if you are a Buddist, then you are insulting your own religion, but anyone is welcomed to join everyone else in Christmas, if you don't mind the fact that it's a Christian festival.

Enough said.

kinda funny, at least better than my uncles and aunties. some of them actually give socks! :bsmilie:

3 things are best to avoid as presents " clock , umbrella and mirror " :sweat:

However, I see no point of people celebriting if they are not Christians. They means if you are a Buddist, then you are insulting your own religion, but anyone is welcomed to join everyone else in Christmas, if you don't mind the fact that it's a Christian festival.

Enough said.
U some kinda zealot or fanatic?

I thought Christians are most liberal when it comes to religious solicition? :think:

*OT liaoz, back to discussion*

Enough said.

seriously I don't really see your point on insulting your own religion... especially for buddhist... I'm a devoted buddhist, yet I do celebrate Xmas... and I am not ashamed to say I love Xmas because after so many years of evolution... it is no longer just a festival "owned" by christian.... not about Jesus solely.. but it demonstrates a festive season of sharing..... Hope you don't stir up the discrimination of religion with your speech:)

U some kinda zealot or fanatic?

I thought Christians are most liberal when it comes to religious solicition? :think:

*OT liaoz, back to discussion*

depends... some got mixed beliefs.. still got carry chinese beliefs.

3 things are best to avoid as presents " clock , umbrella and mirror " :sweat:

I will be:dunno: if i receive an umbrella for christmas present. If she is superstitious then better not. It will have a different meaning when translated to chinese or hokkien.

if u v close 2 tt person, underwear oso no prob. :bsmilie:

but if not tt close den depends on how tt particular gift is recieved.

she is in telco..

any idea?

Good idea, she can tell customers that their coverage is best and can rely on them. But the idea is not very original as Singtel used it in their ad many years back during their Singtel Vs M1 ad wars. The bigger red umbrella cover more than the small orange umbrella.....better coverage. :bsmilie:

she is in telco..

any idea?
2 years ago I got the nicest Corporate gift umbrella from a particular Telco, I think very appropriate but it was not for Christmas lah...

Also got a Mont Blanc pen when our company signed large contract with them. Hmm.. let see what else I got.. Hey, but I gave them my Corporate gifts as well.

../azul123

Enough said.

Think you still living in the stone ages ....

Enough said.
I dunno about your kind of Buddhist, but isn't it good karma to be happy for others? doesn't mean they are celebrating maybe they are just happy for their friends who are celebrating.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.