is it ok to blow into the sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTCahHTC

May 9, 2008
hello again. xD
was wondering if it is okay to use a blower to blow into the sensor? some friends told me it was okay, but i heard otherwise.:dunno: i've already did a few times, and kinda worried. some help please?

hello again. xD
was wondering if it is okay to use a blower to blow into the sensor? some friends told me it was okay, but i heard otherwise.:dunno: i've already did a few times, and kinda worried. some help please?

Yes it's perfectly fine but don't blow too hard on it.

if you dun use a blower, how you going to remove dust?

if you dun use a blower, how you going to remove dust?

Customised sensor swipes and brushes.

But of course blower is something simple that one can do first.

Ryan

The problem is, when you blow the dust, where will it end up? As there could be dust particles elsewhere within the body, the airflow could dislodge these particles from within the mirror chamber and fall onto the sensor.

Plus also, there is a possibility of moving air statically charging the surfaces to attract even more dust.

I also don't trust swabs. Dust particles can be oily, and swabbing them can leave streaks. I've tried swabs before, following all instructions, but still had streaks running across the surface. The best way for me is to use Kinetronics Speck Grabber (takes some practise to use proficiently), followed by LensPen Sensor Klear.

Hope this helps.

air always escape from openings, most likely will come out from the front (lens mount).

By the way, there's a low pass filter in front of the sensor. So it's perfectly fine to blow the sensor.

Yes ofcourse can use a blower to clean. Just lock your mirror up first then hold your camera horizontally with the sensor facing down and then blow into it from a distance. The dust particles should fall off. This is the no risk method. Just make sure you dont touch your blower to the sensor! :bigeyes:

hello again. xD
The good news is that it's safe. The bad news is that it does nothing to remove the most of the stuck particles. You'd eventually need some direct contact method.

The good news is that it's safe. The bad news is that it does nothing to remove the most of the stuck particles. You'd eventually need some direct contact method.

totally agree.... but then i a little more extreme... i use vacuum cleaner.. so far so good.. :sweat:

haha i know there are lots of ways but at least for me, first cut is try blower. if blower doesn't remove the dust then go for direct contact cleaning liao which so far i do not require to do so...

totally agree.... but then i a little more extreme... i use vacuum cleaner.. so far so good.. :sweat:

I use a blower and cleaning kit but how did you do that??? I mean with a vacuum?? :think:

I use a blower and cleaning kit but how did you do that??? I mean with a vacuum?? :think:

easy.... face the camera down... with vacuum ready to b turned on.... use blow to blow a few times to unsettle the dust... then turn on vac to suck the dust... :) hard to explain in words... cos my vac is very special have a tube that sucks air from the top..

most pansy way? :bsmilie:
thanks alot to you guys!

air always escape from openings, most likely will come out from the front (lens mount).

By the way, there's a low pass filter in front of the sensor. So it's perfectly fine to blow the sensor.

..and the worst case is it gets stuck behind the viewfinder prism..:bsmilie:

easy.... face the camera down... with vacuum ready to b turned on.... use blow to blow a few times to unsettle the dust... then turn on vac to suck the dust... :) hard to explain in words... cos my vac is very special have a tube that sucks air from the top..

wait sensor kena suck in.. machiam vortex!

okok..... i think i got it (roughtly)... thanks...:light:

Status
Not open for further replies.