Is it nice to .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Just wondering whether is it nice to correct another person's English here .... i don't mean those long sentences or difficult words but very simple basic words, etc... For examples ......>>> "Solded" and the most common "Did you went,,"..... my 2 cents worth...

Canonised said:
Just wondering whether is it nice to correct another person's English here .... i don't mean those long sentences or difficult words but very simple basic words, etc... For examples ......>>> "Solded" and the most common "Did you went,,"..... my 2 cents worth...
guess if phrased properly, it will sound fine? but then it all depends on how the person take the correction

Sion said:
like start a sentence with no capital letter meh? :bsmilie:
some repeats the wrongly spelled word over & over again... then full of incoherent text... can't make out what they writing as well...

I think if it's done with a constructive gesture, it should be fine... but of course if I know that guy personally, he'll sure kena :flame:

the fact that you wonder if it is nice....think you already know at the back of your mind that it is not nice? :bsmilie:

despite that, i can appreciate where you're coming from lah. duno if it is just me....but i have the tendency to ignore grammatical rules when i'm writing too (at times)...perhaps it's because i focus more on getting the message across lor... :sweat:

having said that...to correct ppl's english takes tact hor...so correction via pm is a good way to do so... :angel:

Oh no,

Mind your language? :bsmilie:

I was more concerned of 'mind your photography'......

English is my second language,
:devil:

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

I think the issue here is whether it is necessary to correct one's English rather than whether it is 'nice' another person's English ...
I agree with your train of thought, but still i won't do it. not on CS in an open forum to pple i don't or hardly know.

in person to friends, yes i would do it, SOMETIMES, but not often also.

Status
Not open for further replies.