Is it my camera or the lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapidmax

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Hello all,

I am using a Nikon F4, which has a 100% viewfinder. However when I print my pics, there seem to have been some croppings done, meaning that what looked centered at the start now looks off center a bit because part of the picture is missing.

Is it because of my camera or because I am printing at a normal konica No.1 Centre?

Any idea how to solve this? And where to solve it? And how much more does it cost to print at a pro lab rather than at a consumer lab? And how much does slide processing and printing cost per roll of 36 (or per shot)?

So many questions, hope a kind soul will answer them.

Thanks!

Originally posted by rapidmax
Hello all,

I am using a Nikon F4, which has a 100% viewfinder. However when I print my pics, there seem to have been some croppings done, meaning that what looked centered at the start now looks off center a bit because part of the picture is missing.

Is it because of my camera or because I am printing at a normal konica No.1 Centre?

Any idea how to solve this? And where to solve it? And how much more does it cost to print at a pro lab rather than at a consumer lab? And how much does slide processing and printing cost per roll of 36 (or per shot)?

So many questions, hope a kind soul will answer them.

Thanks!

Well, most labs takes care of most people, ie consumers. And consumer cameras', including most amateur SLRs' viewfinders are only about 93% to 97% . The negative holders in labs also caters to this view with slight cropping. You can't help it, unless you do a custom print which will cost you. You can check out the custom print price list of your favourite lab. Easiest solution is not to crop too tightly when framing your shot when using print film. Use the 100% frame only when you take slides.

But is there any lab that would print from negative as it is? I mean a lab that prints the whole 100%? Or do they all normally print at 93-97%?

if u are printing 3R,ur image will be cropped,if u want a full image,it can only be done in 4R size or with borders.But not at 100% too, maybe 98% ?

Where and how much? Printing from colour negatives - 4R

Status
Not open for further replies.