is it me or is it just really

denn23

Dec 22, 2003
is it me or is it just really difficult to find information on strobing for pentax.

im still struggling with it and find that ive hit the wall. frust!

is it me or is it just really difficult to find information on strobing for pentax.

try posting what information on strobing you are looking for.

What are you looking for?

Most information on strobing are generic anyway?

Let me guess..., something to do with high-speed-sync?

I guess you got to hit more walls by not being specific. :)

Let me guess..., something to do with high-speed-sync?

So vague, it could be anything.

Could just be frustration that David Hobby or Zack Arias keeps referring to Nikon SB-900, etc, so how to use on a Pentax?

Could be HS-sync as you mentioned.

Could also be specific tech info on using Pentax flashes on wireless.

Its just too wide a question.

I supposed you are referring to freezing multiple movements of a fast moving object?

Nikon Speedlight provides Strobe :
Strobe can emit up to 40 flashes per second (programmable). A high powered unit for cine 18 fps or 24 fps or extra-rapidly moving subject, action freezing photography.

Pentax requires the photographer to be more creative to improvise. ;)
You want to fire a Speedlight I can show you.

Last edited:
yea. apologies for the vagueness.

i was just referring to looking for information on strobing equipment for pentax and how to set them properly..

i kinda find it frustrating when i read on strobing/lighting stuff and they refer to non-pentax stuff.. and i have to search the internet again for an alternative.

and yes.. i kinda agree on pentax peeps needing to be more creative to improvise.

i was just referring to looking for information on strobing equipment for pentax and how to set them properly..

i kinda find it frustrating when i read on strobing/lighting stuff and they refer to non-pentax stuff.. and i have to search the internet again for an alternative.

and yes.. i kinda agree on pentax peeps needing to be more creative to improvise.

fundamentals of strobing is similar for all other brands, no need to specifically look for pentax... but then again, u never say what exactly u want... can meant anything... how to answer ur question...

Like flowerpot said, strobing fundamentals are universal if you are talking about manual control. It's a different story if TTL, HSS and other advanced flash techniques are involved. Then again you're still vague as to what result you want to achieve that's puzzling you. Perhaps you could show/link us an example.

If you want to learn more about strobing, do join in the monthly Pentax outing for a hands on with pinholecam, flowerpot and/or me. ;)

Like flowerpot said, strobing fundamentals are universal if you are talking about manual control. It's a different story if TTL, HSS and other advanced flash techniques are involved. Then again you're still vague as to what result you want to achieve that's puzzling you. Perhaps you could show/link us an example.

If you want to learn more about strobing, do join in the monthly Pentax outing for a hands on with pinholecam, flowerpot and/or me. ;)

you can be an "actor" in baracus's "drama" and i am sure you will pick up strobing skill in no time. :bsmilie:

The ideas put across are usually generic.
Just insert "said Brand name" with "Pentax" ;)

M mode on all flash are the same. Full power, 1/2 power....1/16, etc, unless the flash you have does not have it. IMHO, the fundamentals of how flash is affected by distance, flash power, ISO, aperture need to be understood first.
http://tiberius47.deviantart.com/art/How-to-use-Manual-Flash-83756240
http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

For a list of Pentax flash options, Felixcat has a sticky up here :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692045

For practical, you can always look for ppl like Baracus who does quite a bit of strobing during the Pentax outings.
You can look for me as well, but my knowledge is fundamental, though we can always share tips.