is it legal to shoot at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQuestion

Jun 5, 2008
PenguinVille.
the old high court and the national stadium? anyone know and can elaborate?

No, because it's illegal to even have guns in singapore. Shooting at those old buildings will result in you getting shot pretty quickly. ;)

No, because it's illegal to even have guns in singapore. Shooting at those old buildings will result in you getting shot pretty quickly. ;)

haha funny. next stale joke please. serious question la.

few months back, i was shooting the old supreme court and city hall, standing between the 2 building (the small little drive way), the security walk over and told me cannot shoot there?:confused::confused:

than i told him these 2 buildings had been shot till death more most photogs in singapore and tourist, posted in magazines, blogs, forums etc. he told me thats chargable offence.:bigeyes::bigeyes:

few months back, i was shooting the old supreme court and city hall, standing between the 2 building (the small little drive way), the security walk over and told me cannot shoot there?:confused::confused:

than i told him these 2 buildings had been shot till death more most photogs in singapore and tourist, posted in magazines, blogs, forums etc. he told me thats chargable offence.:bigeyes::bigeyes:

i shot there twice... nothing happen?
one of those two times i saw security guards too but they didnt care about me.

i shot there twice... nothing happen?
one of those two times i saw security guards too but they didnt care about me.

thats because i am a security / police magnet. very common when i shoot.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

hmm im interested to know too
do they still allow people to go into the national stadium for shoots?

he told me thats chargable offence.:bigeyes::bigeyes:

Under what law? Sounds like another overzealous police officer who doesn't know what he's talking about. :p

if you want to shoot leisurely at national stadium iirc no problems just inform the security guard there but if you want to have model shoot etc. must apply permit from ssc i think. maybe i'm wrong. :dunno:

if you want to shoot leisurely at national stadium iirc no problems just inform the security guard there but if you want to have model shoot etc. must apply permit from ssc i think. maybe i'm wrong. :dunno:

how to get permission from ssc?

ya its inconsistent. vince got any input?

the old high court and the national stadium? anyone know and can elaborate?

i don't think there is any issue, to be honest.

but not sure about model shoots, if that's what you're planning.

in any case, security guards will always tell you that it is not legal 80% of the time, but they do not really know what is going on. they're just trying to earn their keep. these two buildings are not sensitive buildings in any sense of the word "sensitive", and if you aren't standing on private/government property, then the security guard really does not have any right to tell you to shoo off.

i don't think there is any issue, to be honest.

but not sure about model shoots, if that's what you're planning.

in any case, security guards will always tell you that it is not legal 80% of the time, but they do not really know what is going on. they're just trying to earn their keep. these two buildings are not sensitive buildings in any sense of the word "sensitive", and if you aren't standing on private/government property, then the security guard really does not have any right to tell you to shoo off.

i agree that's why i'm trying to acertain what's the best way to get permission so we don't get hassled model shoot or not.

i agree that's why i'm trying to acertain what's the best way to get permission so we don't get hassled model shoot or not.

the problem is, sometimes you ask permission, become cannot, actually can.

for example, you email ssc, then suddenly their security guards get instructions to chase off anyone looking like they are doing model shoots.

it is always such a hard decision to make. sometimes when i travel, i also have to make that decision, to act blur and shoot anyways, then worry about later, or to ask nicely, and get rejected, and possibly erase all chances of being able to shoot. :bsmilie:

the problem is, sometimes you ask permission, become cannot, actually can.

for example, you email ssc, then suddenly their security guards get instructions to chase off anyone looking like they are doing model shoots.

it is always such a hard decision to make. sometimes when i travel, i also have to make that decision, to act blur and shoot anyways, then worry about later, or to ask nicely, and get rejected, and possibly erase all chances of being able to shoot. :bsmilie:

for the stadium i doubt they so jialat, the court is different story...that time i was there at the stadium just to shoot the place for fun there was a video crew there filming.was told by the guard should arrange it with the guard room so these things don't clash...speaking of which...anyway know the # to the guard room?

than again, the question here is, are u going to shoot inside the buildings or outside? makes alot of different.

than again, the question here is, are u going to shoot inside the buildings or outside? makes alot of different.

inside. that time the filming in the stadium was inside. and they were allowed there...if i remember right they were doing a long night shoot somemore.

oops, sorry, my experience is only for shooting outside the buildings. cant help u for shooting inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.