is it legal to shoot at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went last month, was directed to the security office to ask for permission bt failed. I tink you muz a very good reason b4 they will allow you to go in and shoot.

I went last month, was directed to the security office to ask for permission bt failed. I tink you muz a very good reason b4 they will allow you to go in and shoot.

what did security tell u?

inside. that time the filming in the stadium was inside. and they were allowed there...if i remember right they were doing a long night shoot somemore.

I think shooting inside/outside stadium is fine generally. Especially national stadium. If confronted by the guard, just tell him nicely that national stadium is public property and under the law, it is perfectly fine to shoot public property. If he goes on abt trespass and whatnot, ask him if he is sure of what he's talking abt....

For court, outside is confirm fine. If the guard ask, jus ask him back... Then why are the media allowed to shoot at TT Durai, The Renci monk and whatnot right outside the court. See what he say....

But for the inside, I think it is strictly not allowed. In fact shooting the interior of any building is subjected to the approval of the building's management. But exterior usually no problem.

inside. that time the filming in the stadium was inside. and they were allowed there...if i remember right they were doing a long night shoot somemore.

Went there shoot just about a month + ago. And one must go to ask permission from the guard house and they will ask you to contact their superior. As they dont have the authorities to let people in for photoshoot or filming.

Then i spoke to the superior thru phone and explain to him my purpose of visit. Just want to have some snap shots of the place for memory before it's demolished. But i dun think it easy if one is doing it commercially? Then must get permit from SSC.

I think shooting inside/outside stadium is fine generally. Especially national stadium. If confronted by the guard, just tell him nicely that national stadium is public property and under the law, it is perfectly fine to shoot public property. If he goes on abt trespass and whatnot, ask him if he is sure of what he's talking abt....

For court, outside is confirm fine. If the guard ask, jus ask him back... Then why are the media allowed to shoot at TT Durai, The Renci monk and whatnot. See what he say....

But for the inside, I think it is strictly not allowed. In fact shooting the interior of any building is subjected to the approval of the building's management. But exterior usually no problem.

the court there's no intention to go inside. so no problems there...the stadium's iffy from what i've heard.

is it the time that you posted on the thread? ANd i replied?

I went too the very next day. I just talk to the guard and then call his superior

the court there's no intention to go inside. so no problems there...the stadium's iffy from what i've heard.

Oh ya, even now they allow you to go in but cant go to the gallery level. They only allow me to shoot on the track there. So i just walk one round of it.

Just want to have some snap shots of the place for memory before it's demolished.

where got want to demolish, last sat night still using the stadium, all flood lights on. we all kana bluffed.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I went there in there morning, it was a thursday i think. It better to go on weekdays as weekend there shd have some events or the National squad is practicing then cant go in.

I didt go to that area.

good to know.

what did security tell u?

They asked me to call up SSC and ask for permission

is it the time that you posted on the thread? ANd i replied?

I went too the very next day. I just talk to the guard and then call his superior

It was the week after, he asked mi to call SSC also bt they didn`t allow lei :dunno:

Last edited:
what did ssc say? who did u speak to?

Eh i forgot the name liao, apparantly its some guy who has the right to allow entry into the stadium, the reason i gave at tat time was i had a fren from Mauritius who wanted to see the stadium and take some pictures as well. (TRUE) :)

Eh i forgot the name liao, apparantly its some guy who has the right to allow entry into the stadium, the reason i gave at tat time was i had a fren from Mauritius who wanted to see the stadium and take some pictures as well. (TRUE) :)

:think:

just had a casual model shoot with some friends at the old supreme court corridor (the one with the arches and a bus stop) over the weekend. some other strobist photographers were there as well. there was one sikh security guard who came by and chatted with them for a while, probably about their gear, etc.

later on, i think they changed shifts and this indian security guard came and told us to pack up and leave immediately because, to paraphrase, photography was not allowed at the corridor and i had to get permission from their management during office hours before doing the shoot. by that time we were done with our shoot, so i didn't want to make a big fuss over it. slowly took our time to pack up, and this security guard tried to pull some stunts like pretend to call on his handphone to report that we were still on the premises, not leaving yet.

anyway i asked him if there were any rules or regulations explicitly forbidding any photography at that area, but his reply was that he's just doing his job, if i got problems i should come back in the week to see the management for clarifications. he also said that normal p&s camera, tourists take photos of each other in front of the building, fine. but once u set-up flashes, umbrella, lightstand, tripod, you have to pack up and leave. and wedding photography they won't stop, but other photoshoots they don't allow.

although i work in the vicinity, i can't be bothered to waste time approaching the management over this matter, since my shoot wasn't affected. if ever a security guard interrupts my photography on public property i will not hesitate to challenge him to call the cops on me.

i find that there's a certain proportion of security guards who probably lack a sense of, i don't know, self-worth or pride, that they have to resort to petty unreasonable abuses of authority to justify their existence. you'll find them in schools, condominiums, office buildings, etc. mr gunapathy, you are one of them.

just had a casual model shoot with some friends at the old supreme court corridor (the one with the arches and a bus stop) over the weekend. some other strobist photographers were there as well. there was one sikh security guard who came by and chatted with them for a while, probably about their gear, etc.

later on, i think they changed shifts and this indian security guard came and told us to pack up and leave immediately because, to paraphrase, photography was not allowed at the corridor and i had to get permission from their management during office hours before doing the shoot. by that time we were done with our shoot, so i didn't want to make a big fuss over it. slowly took our time to pack up, and this security guard tried to pull some stunts like pretend to call on his handphone to report that we were still on the premises, not leaving yet.

anyway i asked him if there were any rules or regulations explicitly forbidding any photography at that area, but his reply was that he's just doing his job, if i got problems i should come back in the week to see the management for clarifications. he also said that normal p&s camera, tourists take photos of each other in front of the building, fine. but once u set-up flashes, umbrella, lightstand, tripod, you have to pack up and leave. and wedding photography they won't stop, but other photoshoots they don't allow.

although i work in the vicinity, i can't be bothered to waste time approaching the management over this matter, since my shoot wasn't affected. if ever a security guard interrupts my photography on public property i will not hesitate to challenge him to call the cops on me.

i find that there's a certain proportion of security guards who probably lack a sense of, i don't know, self-worth or pride, that they have to resort to petty unreasonable abuses of authority to justify their existence. you'll find them in schools, condominiums, office buildings, etc. mr gunapathy, you are one of them.

ok i think i should share my findings about what i found out when i spoke with management today.
apparently they are quite ok with shooting there. u just gotta ask for safety reasons and if u clash with anything they have scheduled that day itself...like now they have land surveying going on. they made the following requests with regards to seeking permission
a) you write in with the details of the shoot...when why how many people how long etc. Reasonable by my standards.
b) the rental fee is 100$ b4 gst. the plus about this is they will turn on the flood lights if u need em. semi reasonable to me.
c) the most ridiculous one: They require that you pay a $2000 security deposit which is refundable. the reason they claim they require this is to insure against any potential damage u might do to the place while shooting. this is totally ludicrous in my opinion.

yes i agree with u if the guard next time come and say its illegal i will ask him to please site which section of the law esp since its public building etc.:rolleyes:

ok i think i should share my findings about what i found out when i spoke with management today.
apparently they are quite ok with shooting there. u just gotta ask for safety reasons and if u clash with anything they have scheduled that day itself...like now they have land surveying going on. they made the following requests with regards to seeking permission
a) you write in with the details of the shoot...when why how many people how long etc. Reasonable by my standards.
b) the rental fee is 100$ b4 gst. the plus about this is they will turn on the flood lights if u need em. semi reasonable to me.
c) the most ridiculous one: They require that you pay a $2000 security deposit which is refundable. the reason they claim they require this is to insure against any potential damage u might do to the place while shooting. this is totally ludicrous in my opinion.

yes i agree with u if the guard next time come and say its illegal i will ask him to please site which section of the law esp since its public building etc.:rolleyes:

had one shoot outside esplanade theatre near the fountain area, and was stopped by a security guard who demanded for the organiser's name, ic number and contact number to jot down in his little blue notebook before letting us continue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.