Is it just this aunty or singapore?

wootsk

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2007
Small Island
Hi, this is what actually happens and I decided to rant it here.
1. Got on train in city hall and happy to find a sit. (My camera bag is quite heavy with a tripod as well.)
2. When reached novena train station, an old man got on the train.
3. I stand up and gave up my sit to the old man. (The man on the priority is already dead asleep.)
4. Old man is very happy and approach the sit.
5. Before he sits down, an aunty bump him off and force herself into the sit. (Note that she is only carrying her handbag and doesn't shows any sign of discomfort.)
6. Lucky, the man @ the priority sit woke up halfway and gave up the sit to the old man.

I just felt stoned about the aunty actions throughout the whole journey.

And u didn't take a picture of her to upload here?:bsmilie:

SHLD SNAP. and we will do the open humiliating of her.

I dun wan to be mistaken for being a aunty frantic guy :p Neither do I feel like looking at her in the viewfinder. She looks like some kind of errr, she thinks she looks good with young girl dress up, imagine common market going aunty wearing high sock thinking they to look like japanese high school girls... You get what I mean?

Should have STOMP-ed her man...

That's the in thing to do.

On a more relevant note, I have a feeling that this happens only in Singapore. In all my (limited) experience overseas (Myanmar, Malaysia, Australia and Japan), I've never seen any aunties like that!

I dun wan to be mistaken for being a aunty frantic guy :p Neither do I feel like looking at her in the viewfinder. She looks like some kind of errr, she thinks she looks good with young girl dress up, imagine common market going aunty wearing high sock thinking they to look like japanese high school girls... You get what I mean?

I don't get it and I don't even want to try. *shudders*

Haha always can see these kind of aunties mah ??:sweatsm:

This onli happens in singapore ba...we always see aunties rushing for seats or if u are waiting for train u can see them standing at the center of the door and rushing as soon as the door opens despite that there are pple hu wans to alight.Btw its not just aunties, I personally hate to take bus/train with bangladesh workers as they are another ones that will rush in and find a seat and if u are the 1 alighting u will be knocked by them.

Maybe when the auntie was young, her favorite game in sch is musical chair...she must be good at snatching seats (when the music stops) - now can apply to real life scenario some more.

give the singapore aunties a break lah :) ........ most of them very nice and mature enough

from the behaviors on the mrt......common perception says otherwise.

I can't side neither you or the aunty? What if she's ill? She shoved or bumped you because she's about to collapse? Only you can tell.

But of all seriousness, did you remind or tell her that thats for the old man?

Learn from this! And learn well! Humiliating, slandering her and STOMP'ing won't help you grow fine balls! Learn from this!

i have came across a lot of ugly behaviours on our trains. even today, a lot of able-bodied young people were stting while old aunties and uncles were left standing. especially bad were those sitted in the priority seats, all of them either catatonic or have auto-shutdown down when they plonked themselves in to the seats. gracious society.....hmmm, mr LHL, GCT and our men in whites, we still have a long way to go.

Happened to me once too, so what I did next time I gave u my seat, I leave my bag on the seat and walk over to the old man/woman and tell them about the free seat.......

HS

And sorry, it is not aunties only, many of those young students are the same.........or they hog the entrance while chit chatting with each other, same for the lunch hour office workers, hogging the entrance, as if they can't say 'excuse me' to get out.......:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

As for standing up, I have actually seen many Indians standing up to give up their seats......those Indians or Bangladeshi who rush in, is just rushing in because I think they are late to get home, they also walk faster as most Singaporeans who have a tendency to hog the walkways/escalators, I have missed many a train just because of that.....:(

HS

everytime i take mrt with my pregnant friend, everybody around either become very nice and gave seat or suddenly feel sleepy and asleep... 50-50 ;)

Just this auntie and few hundreds of her type...

Even some imported auntie also, who told her daughter in their native language: Next time, don't need to hold the lift for other people. Do it for your own family only...

She said that in front of my then pregnant wife whose her daughter kept the lift door open for. Thinking my wife's singaporean can't understand cantonese.

Just this auntie and few hundreds of her type...

Even some imported auntie also, who told her daughter in their native language: Next time, don't need to hold the lift for other people. Do it for your own family only...

She said that in front of my then pregnant wife whose her daughter kept the lift door open for. Thinking my wife's singaporean can't understand cantonese.

Some ppl are simply sick in the head.