is it just me, or are these models getting younger and younger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
:bigeyes:

let me state here that i got no problems with any xmm being model

and i've said time and time again that age has no direct relation with maturity, but definitely there is a loose link between the two, i.e. an older person would tend to be more mature than a younger one, though not necessarily so

there's nothing wrong with modelling, it's decently paid, i suppose it might be fun (i won't know) and it would be quite healthy for the ego as well. but based on past incidents brought up here before, and the fact that not all photographers are pure of heart, mind and soul, though i would like to believe that most are, i find myself questioning whether it's just a matter of time before something goes wrong. or already has.

i find the trend very disturbing though, but i can't really put my mind on it. perhaps it is a reflection of society, maybe it's not, but to be honest i can't see any good coming out of it.

what do you guys think?

yes, i sometime also shock, my age and below become more and more common...:bigeyes:

get with the times. this has been going on in the west for a while already.

doesn't mean it's right

well then go be a hero. complain to your labour law maker then. maybe you can bring about global reform then. while you're at it you can bring down the global fashion industry and anything that dumps people in sweatshops.

well then go be a hero. complain to your larbor law maker then. maybe you can bring about global reform then. while you're at it you can bring down the global fashion industry and anything that dumps people in sweatshops
...larbor, what is larbor? something to do with production of lard?

anyways, jokes aside, stop oting, i don't see what the global fashion industry and sweatshops have to do with the topic here.

...larbor, what is larbor? something to do with production of lard?

anyways, jokes aside, stop oting, i don't see what the global fashion industry and sweatshops have to do with the topic here.

well then mr smarty pants why don't you go read up about it instead of mocking people's english? there's no ot except in your imagination. esp since you're so ignorant about the fashion industry and its labour practises.

well then mr smarty pants why don't you go read up about it instead of mocking people's english?

i didn't mock your english, it was a joke, (as stated in last post) do we have to be so sensitive?

bad weather today? got up on the wrong side of the bed? don't see why you're so snappish about this. :dunno:

read up about WHAT?

it's not as if young models are being exploited in a monetary sense like the people in sweatshops are. and the global fashion industry? huh?! where is the link?

:bigeyes:

let me state here that i got no problems with any xmm being model

and i've said time and time again that age has no direct relation with maturity, but definitely there is a loose link between the two, i.e. an older person would tend to be more mature than a younger one, though not necessarily so

there's nothing wrong with modelling, it's decently paid, i suppose it might be fun (i won't know) and it would be quite healthy for the ego as well. but based on past incidents brought up here before, and the fact that not all photographers are pure of heart, mind and soul, though i would like to believe that most are, i find myself questioning whether it's just a matter of time before something goes wrong. or already has.

i find the trend very disturbing though, but i can't really put my mind on it. perhaps it is a reflection of society, maybe it's not, but to be honest i can't see any good coming out of it.

what do you guys think?

the internet has made it easy, so it's probably not too much of a surprise. whether the overall trend has a positive or negative tendency, it's still hard to tell. i think people should be concerned about whether those involved are aware of possible risks and know how to deal with possible problems.

the internet has made it easy, so it's probably not too much of a surprise. whether the overall trend has a positive or negative tendency, it's still hard to tell. i think people should be concerned about whether those involved are aware of possible risks and know how to deal with possible problems.

yes, you have hit the nail on the head, that is my main concern

i don't know about anyone else, but based on individual behaviour displayed on the net i sincerely doubt that the awareness and level of maturity is there

I dont think them modeling is an issue, however companies that try and sell modeling as glamorous and easy need to be careful. Its easy to lure a girl into this industry with the promise of fame money and modeling contracts, however, more often than not, they will be abused, disappointed and let down. I think the issue is not necessarily with the maturity level of the models, but of the morals and standards which agencies and some photographers try to place on them.

Ideally. modelling had to start young
'Coz the freshness & models' complexion is in peak form when < 20 years old

Moreover, modelling is considered to be a profession of short career span
There is always wave after wave of younger model newcomers
Therefore, is advisable to start early

Due to better education & information exposure (eg. Internet)
Teenagers of this generation tends to be more street smart at a younger age

However, I understand your concerns about teens being exploited
Therefore, better informed your parents or next of kin about your modelling activities,
as a form of safety net

I dont think them modeling is an issue, however companies that try and sell modeling as glamorous and easy need to be careful. Its easy to lure a girl into this industry with the promise of fame money and modeling contracts, however, more often than not, they will be abused, disappointed and let down. I think the issue is not necessarily with the maturity level of the models, but of the morals and standards which agencies and some photographers try to place on them.

You, my friend, have nailed it.

It is our responsibility, as photographers, to educate the models on these issues. Usually I will tell younger models to work hard in their studies. Not surprisingly, most models are quite well educated and mature, and know what they should or should not expect. Life is realistic after all, more so is the modeling world.

I will never photograph any model who is less than 60.

_joyful-woman-web.jpg

but how old are you? :bsmilie:

if you're 75, then of course more common la
on actual fact, tat is jst a nick, i am jst 17, u can ask many CSers who met me bef haa

Status
Not open for further replies.