Is it iPhone 4S problem or the telco problem?

larlarloo

Sep 27, 2010
Last week I recontracted my line + bought 1 new line for both iPhone 4S (yeah, 6hrs Q, my 1st time doing wacky stuff like this).

My phone n line were ok, nothing's wrong. But my friend had some issues. In addition to slightly yellowish tint screen, the phone starts to 'crack & scream' when speaker is ON. Then, when she talks, she can hear her own voice as well as mine :O

So the next day, I went for a 1-for-1 replacement handset. After choosing 2 copies, we took it. The screen was white, speaker was good n voice was clear.

However, come the next day, my friend could hear her own voice on the phone again! So I called up M1 to reset the server (?) from their side. They did and 20min later back to normal.

But again, the following day and until now, for everyday my friend could keep on hearing her own voice as she talks on the phone! ;(

So now I'm a bit confused, u guys think M1 simply sux or I need to get another handset? Does any of you also have this same (repeated) issue with iPhone 4S or any other phones?

Please share me your experiences and advice. Thanks!

It happened to me as well. I am using iphone 4 and the problems start after i upgrade to iOS 5.

It's an iPhone issue.

If you think Apple means "high quality" then I'm sorry, you're wrong. It's just shiny, expensive bling. ;)

It happened to my iPhone 4(IOS4) and 4s(IOS5) but it only occurs when I call a particular number(another iPhone). Since it didn't occur with my other calls, I didn't let it bother me too much.

My 4s has a yellow tint too and this is well documented on the net. So I thought it was normal.

I do find the battery life on the 4s to be not as good as my 3G and 4. Again, another well documented issue on the net.

i use sumsung galaxy S2 now......... when i heard abt the iphone issue like battery i soon dropped the ideal of getting iphone 4s to replace my old iphone.

so far so good......

It's an iPhone issue.

If you think Apple means "high quality" then I'm sorry, you're wrong. It's just shiny, expensive bling. ;)

don't see why people think Apple = products with no problems. my friends and colleagues all have had problems with Apple products... and had to change a few times. but they're still buying the latest Apple gadget.

consumerism....at it's stupidest.

Got mine last Fri and so far no similar problem on singtel line. BTW, don't even need to Q for it; ordered online and was delivered to me.

don't see why people think Apple = products with no problems. my friends and colleagues all have had problems with Apple products... and had to change a few times. but they're still buying the latest Apple gadget.

It's called the "Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field"

hahaha sounds a lot like 'sour grapes' leh ;)

I am by no means an Apple die-hard, but have been a happy iPhone 4 user for about a year now. It is far from being the perfect product, but it does most of the 'important' things pretty well.
It's good that the other systems are giving it a run for its money. More competition can't be a bad thing :)

hahaha sounds a lot like 'sour grapes' leh ;)

I am by no means an Apple die-hard, but have been a happy iPhone 4 user for about a year now. It is far from being the perfect product, but it does most of the 'important' things pretty well.
It's good that the other systems are giving it a run for its money. More competition can't be a bad thing :)

nah. i'm perfectly fine with my Xperia Arc. but when i hear so many complaints from friends, then they still buy the latest gadget from said manufacturer.. and face the same problems again...

i can't help but do a facepalm :bsmilie:

My 4s has a yellow tint too and this is well documented on the net. So I thought it was normal.

I do find the battery life on the 4s to be not as good as my 3G and 4. Again, another well documented issue on the net.

walao eh.. if well documented why would you want to buy at the 1st place.. well documented does NOT mean NORMAL... very nice if I have customer like you.. all my bug and problem consider as Normal..

nah. i'm perfectly fine with my Xperia Arc. but when i hear so many complaints from friends, then they still buy the latest gadget from said manufacturer.. and face the same problems again...

i can't help but do a facepalm :bsmilie:

haha I know what you mean.
Every brand has its group of die-hard fans.
Credit goes to Apple for producing something and somehow convincing millions that IT is what they have been wanting all along ;)

haha I know what you mean.
Every brand has its group of die-hard fans.
Credit goes to Apple for producing something and somehow convincing millions that IT is what they have been wanting all along ;)

it's brainwashing. hmm.

walao eh.. if well documented why would you want to buy at the 1st place.. well documented does NOT mean NORMAL... very nice if I have customer like you.. all my bug and problem consider as Normal..

Like I said before, I can't find a better phone to replace apple so I'm willing to live with these issues for now.

Hardware itself, I think iphone is at best average when compared to the other smart phones. The reason I am sticking to it, is because of the itunes interface and relatively simple idiot proof software. Itunes is really nice once you get used to it. More importantly for me, the headphone jack on the iphone is actually one of the better ones for smartphones. It is very obvious once you use some decent iem, instead of the crap ear buds.

However, the thing is...everytime a new iphone comes out, it just feels the same as the previous one. The box feels the same, the software feels the same, the user interface feels the same. Gone are the days when I could feel so so so excited every time I change phone. First was green led screen to blue led screen...then colour screen...then got camera...then got mp3 function. You know, that sort of anticipation/butterflies you get when queueing up at a physical singtel shop waiting for your turn to buy a new phone with functions that were really novel. Haven't had that sort of feeling for years.

My 4s arrived few days back...again, don't have that sort of urge to open the box:confused: