Is it due to my settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chery08

Nov 28, 2004
recently bought a Fujifilm Z5 and tried taking photos with it.. but doesn't give me the quality i wanted... when i view the photo .. it's giving 'pixelised' feeling and doesn't look sharp at all... is it due to the settings or just this camera?

recently bought a Fujifilm Z5 and tried taking photos with it.. but doesn't give me the quality i wanted... when i view the photo .. it's giving 'pixelised' feeling and doesn't look sharp at all... is it due to the settings or just this camera?

Post the pics and let us comment better..;p

here are the better photos...

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

try some outdoor photos with good light.

looks perfectly alright to me... just a little lacking in contrast...

hmmmm.... it just feel abit blury feeling ... ai.. dun like this cam already..

seems like ur shots are all very high iso (800 & 1600). that may be the reason for the noise/grain on the pix

Don't blame your camera lah. As what was said, many of your photos are ISO 800-1600. Try to balance between your aperture, shutter speed, and of course ISO.

you have to try outdoors.. for indoor shots your camera is trying it's best to give u fast shutter speeds, so it does the following:

using high ISO -> grainy, pixelised feeling
large aperture -> shallow depth of field, so it seems less sharp

outdoors there's more light so u'll be able to test better.. or simply increase the lighting in your room..

:p how should i change those settings??? i've already changed my ISO to 200 but still seems like the same... i've been using Panasonic fx8 before... never have much problem :(.. should have bought a panasonic instead...

:p how should i change those settings??? i've already changed my ISO to 200 but still seems like the same... i've been using Panasonic fx8 before... never have much problem :(.. should have bought a panasonic instead...

Dun give up...try and use manual settings.....:think:

Try wif a tripod @ e lowest ISO & play wif e shutter speed see how! :D hee..

I've scanned through the manual.. i'm afraid there's not much that can be done if u want more depth of field. U can't control it manually.. what u can do however, is try to change the scene modes to something more appropriate. For example try using the landscape or night scene modes. these tend to require higher dof so the camera will probably select the right aperture...

just play around and see what gives u the best effects...

Do note u might need a tripod...

ai.. seems like i really got the wrong camera this time.. really regrets... tinking of selling it away now... better to get a panasonic cam...

he hee provided i got a buyer

ai.. seems like i really got the wrong camera this time.. really regrets... tinking of selling it away now... better to get a panasonic cam...

I don't think buying a different camera will solve the problem.. either way u go, it's still a consumer camera.. u won't be able to control many features.. u just have to learn how to use the correct scene modes at the right time.. it takes some time to get used to, but i'm sure u'll pick it up pretty soon...

hmm really huh?? but i've been using my brother's panasonic cam... it seems much better.. :p
Guess i'll put it out for sales and at the same time learn to use it..

Status
Not open for further replies.