Is it due to my settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm really huh?? but i've been using my brother's panasonic cam... it seems much better.. :p
Guess i'll put it out for sales and at the same time learn to use it..

For Fujifilm cam I strongly recommended U to buy F40fd. Can consider! :D hee..

For Fujifilm cam I strongly recommended U to buy F40fd. Can consider! :D hee..
not sure, but i believe f40fd is pretty much the same since both doesn't have manual setting. perhaps only a little better in noise control due to bigger sensor, anyway I think f31/f30 would be a better choice for its control.:thumbsup:

guess i'll stick to panasonic or canon if i'm going to change :p
i've been trying out Z5 yesterday... seems better...
this is the best photo i took.. but still seems abit blur...is it due to i'm not using flash?? but i never like using them..

DSCF0173.jpg

hmm really huh?? but i've been using my brother's panasonic cam... it seems much better.. :p
Guess i'll put it out for sales and at the same time learn to use it..

Buy Nikon D40X. :thumbsup:

guess i'll stick to panasonic or canon if i'm going to change :p
i've been trying out Z5 yesterday... seems better...
this is the best photo i took.. but still seems abit blur...is it due to i'm not using flash?? but i never like using them..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/chery08/DSCF0173.jpg

try using a night scene or indoor scene mode.. usually these give u long shutter speeds to light up the background, and flash to freeze and light up the subject...
it's kind of like a fill flash, compromise between hard flash and no flash... so the colours may not be as good as no flash, but probably sharper, and not as harsh as full flash mode...

i was like 'huh' reading what u've wrote... :p
but from my past experience with my bro's cam.. with night scene.. i need a tripod.. or smting if not the photo will become blurry.. still feel like selling this cam... how much can i sell it for ? i got it at abt 460

but from my past experience with my bro's cam.. with night scene.. i need a tripod.. or smting if not the photo will become blurry.. still feel like selling this cam... how much can i sell it for ? i got it at abt 460

Compact cam Canon I recommend IXUS 900Ti...:thumbsup: For SLR cam the latest Nikon D40X.

Your photos seem a little blurry mainly because you are shooting in fairly low light. Your shutter speeds on those shots are quite slow (around 1/10s to 1/20s). Even with a digicam, you'd have to be very steady in your handholding to not get some blurryness due to camera movement. Suggest you try shooting in better lighting conditions - I'm sure the cam will give quite respectable results.

oh sorry.. not very good at explaining things..;p .. what i meant was..

when u shoot without flash, the camera opens the shutter quite long to get a proper exposure, because the lighting in the area is quite dim. this causes handshake, and blurs the photo..

If u use something like an indoor scene mode (i think there's one).. the camera should expose the camera with a slightly shorter shutter speed, resulting in a slightly underexposed photo. It then uses flash to fill in some light and expose ur subject properly.

In dark/low light conditions, the use of flash can help to 'freeze' motion, and make the subject seemingly sharper than it actually is... that means if u try out the modes that have flash (indoor, party etc), the photos may come out a little better.. every digicam has settings that will differ a bit.. just try the different scene modes.. u might find something u like... if not then sell it off..

thanks for the explanation.. i get it now.. he hee
i just dun understand why i use the 'same mode' with another camera.. and it's shaper ... and without flash too... i dun like using flash... coz the picture will become...errmmm brighter? the color is not so nice...
DSCF0251.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

actually the sharpness looks fine to me without flash.. maybe the room is bright enough...

but if u find another camera really performing better, then maybe u have reason to sell this one off.. maybe u can try the fuji f30 or 31d.. which is supposed to have very good high iso performance, great for low light shots...

images tend to look harsh when u use direct flash (but u don't have a choice with compact cameras), so i usually try to tell my friends not to use flash.. but when it's really dark, there's really no better way to avoid handshake.. even if u use a tripod people will still move around...

actually the sharpness looks fine to me without flash.. maybe the room is bright enough...

but if u find another camera really performing better, then maybe u have reason to sell this one off.. maybe u can try the fuji f30 or 31d.. which is supposed to have very good high iso performance, great for low light shots...

images tend to look harsh when u use direct flash (but u don't have a choice with compact cameras), so i usually try to tell my friends not to use flash.. but when it's really dark, there's really no better way to avoid handshake.. even if u use a tripod people will still move around...

i second the Fuji f31fd for low light photos without flash. hish iso really good for that. if u dont like flsh but like to take photos under low light condition. fuji is the way to go. haha

he hee ... i buy fuji only becoz of this design... think i've to stick with it until i sell it off... and after tat.. no more fuji for me...
btw... any idea where to buy those travel charger?

panasonic and canon will have more noise in high ISO shots than f30, f31fd or f40...so definitely will be less grainy than those other brands for similar conditions...

so meaning fujifilm is still one of the better ones..?
but for fujifim.. i tink z5 range is one of the better design...

For compact cameras the fuji has one of the best noise control in the market. Fuji's ISO 800 is slighty better then Panosnoics ISO400 IMHO as it preserves mroe details.

hmm seems like i'll be stuck with this cam...can't sell it at all.. :(
any thoughts about Sony T20? saw from another forum someone bought it from Japan for about $500.. it's cheap rite?

ok lah. Around that price. Sony is very very noisy. But more for design.

Status
Not open for further replies.