Is it Diffcult to use a manual focus lens?

My suggestion, if possible and if can afford, buy AF lenses for your digital camera.

But if you like to or have to buy MF lens, it's not so difficult to use.

One thing for sure, taking good or bad photos, it has nothing to do w/ AF or MF lens. Actually in most cases (for most users), AF lenses might help making better photos, otherwise no point manufacturing AF lenses at all :)

I keep both eyes open even when looking thru the viewfinder. Cannot stand closing one eye for long.

I find using manual focus difficult for shooting moving objects (kids move real fast and can't wait for you to focus). Otherwise it's great fun to play play with to shoot static objects. You get the thrill of satisfaction when getting the focus right on. ;p

Is it diffcult to use manual lens like Takumar 50mm f1.4/f1.7/2.0? and is there any different between Takumar 55mm and 50mm? Which is better?

My first camera was a Nikon FG... I have shot manual focusing for almost as long as I have shot with the first AF lens whihc in themselves was not really that good but I still have as many sharps shot done with manual lens as oppose to a AF lens. I still think I can focus to what I want kept in focus faster then a AF lens especially if it is off center or varying depht of field levels.

I also know for a fact that even in these day and age, I have many a times still done shoots with my AF switched off.

Sorry ah, but let me rant a bit. Ok, if you are taking pics of kids running around, I'd agree it may be quite challenging. Not just MF, even AF can be challenging too. But I do not know why people always relate this kids running around thing with manual focusing? It's not even a genre by itself. You have macros, street, urban, landscape, portraits, fashion, events, sports and more and I would say manual focusing is doable for majority of the genre! AF wasn't in the equation say a few decades ago but people did produce great photos - what does that say? It's alot to do with the photographer. For me, manual focusing links the photographer to the camera and until I had done it (with a proper manual lens and good spilt focus screen (Katzeye)) I did not know what AF has robbed me off from photography.

My two cents. Sorry if I sound offending in anyway.

Totally agree!

Speedfactory, I thought u already got a Cosina?

Anyways, though u can switch AF lens to MF, but I still prefer MF on my Manual. Dunno why, just itchy.lol

But it does give some satisfaction if u managed to get a sharp pic especially using Film since u dunno what the heck it will come out.

Speedfactory, I thought u already got a Cosina?

Anyways, though u can switch AF lens to MF, but I still prefer MF on my Manual. Dunno why, just itchy.lol

But it does give some satisfaction if u managed to get a sharp pic especially using Film since u dunno what the heck it will come out.

I did not buy the Cosina, as the focal ring is so tight that it looks like it's spoil, but the guy who was dealing with me is a very good and resonable boy.:D

My first camera was a Nikon FG... I have shot manual focusing for almost as long as I have shot with the first AF lens whihc in themselves was not really that good but I still have as many sharps shot done with manual lens as oppose to a AF lens. I still think I can focus to what I want kept in focus faster then a AF lens especially if it is off center or varying depht of field levels.

I also know for a fact that even in these day and age, I have many a times still done shoots with my AF switched off.

mmm:think: should try shooting with AF off for my 70-300, as some time the AF is too slow liao:D