Is it convenient to buy lenses from other countries via website(i.e. B&H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freecloud

Dec 9, 2005
I am considering buying a lense and other accessories from B&H.
What I want to know is whether it is convenient. I am afraind that I need to pay tax or the policy of singapore does not allow me to buy such goods from other countries, etc. Can I pay only the delivery fee once for several lenses bought at the same time? Shall I pay via master card?

thanks in advance!!

It is very convenient!

Taxes will have to be paid if it exceed I think SGD 400.00.

You can as many lenses as you want. BH will advice you on the best mode of payment.

For a first time customer, you will either have to fax across the two sides of your credit card or scan the sides in and email it across.

I just bought something from BH yesterday.

agreed.

you can also open a vpost USA account and get it sent there. that way, you can save on some shipping charges. minus point is that it takes a while longer to arrive. gst still applies for orders above $400.

student said:
It is very convenient!

Taxes will have to be paid if it exceed I think SGD 400.00.

You can as many lenses as you want. BH will advice you on the best mode of payment.

For a first time customer, you will either have to fax across the two sides of your credit card or scan the sides in and email it across.

I just bought something from BH yesterday.

Thanks a lot for your nice reply!

How much tax I need pay for 1000SD lense?

and it seems that the filters at the B&H are quite more expensive than those in singapore, it is right?

numzkull said:
agreed.

you can also open a vpost USA account and get it sent there. that way, you can save on some shipping charges. minus point is that it takes a while longer to arrive. gst still applies for orders above $400.

I would like to buy a lense and a flash from B&H. Can they pack up these two together and thus I only need to pay the shipping fee once?

freecloud said:
I would like to buy a lense and a flash from B&H. Can they pack up these two together and thus I only need to pay the shipping fee once?

The different items will be shipped together if they are available.

The tax will be based on the GST.

Not all items are cheaper in the US. Do your comparison, taking into account shipping etc.

I buy things from BH because I can't get those items here in Singapore.

student said:
I buy things from BH because I can't get those items here in Singapore.
Actually, instead of buying from US, u could also try buying from Japan for those items not available in Singapore.

Astin said:
Yes, the postman will collect the GST when he delivers the goods to u.

the last time I use vPost, they collected my GST before they deliver the goods. Can pay vPost by credit card.

Astin said:
Actually, instead of buying from US, u could also try buying from Japan for those items not available in Singapore.

Can recommend some stores please?

Most of the things I buy are consumables like films, and darkroom papers.

I always prefers buying lens from B&H, up till now I've got my fourth lens n the saving that I've got from those lenses, let me buy a 580EX Free of charge! ;p

GST is 5% collected by SG Gov, US Tax will not be included.

Even if you buy a lens, they will pack the lens & manufacture Box in a bigger Box fill will some protection to cover the shipping hazards.

B&H usually sent by UPS international, you will get your staff about 4 working Days, no lost items!

If items has problem (very rare) you can sent it back either for an exchange or refund. Shipment back is covered buy B&H, so you don't have to pay, but if you want an exchange the shipment back to you is also covered buy B&H, but you can do that once only for the coverage by B&H for international order.

Try not to order from those cheap cheap offering from some ebay shops, quite dangerous as you might not even get your item for just a few dollars saving.

B&H and some Big well known US stores is mostly alot safer.

Wish you happy saving. ;)

Voyage said:
I always prefers buying lens from B&H, up till now I've got my fourth lens n the saving that I've got from those lenses, let me buy a 580EX Free of charge! ;p

Even if you buy a lens, they will pack the lens & manufacture Box in a bigger Box fill will some protection to cover the shipping hazards.

B&H usually sent by UPS international, you will get your staff about 4 working Days, no lost items!

If items has problem (very rare) you can sent it back either for an exchange or refund. Shipment back is covered buy B&H, so you don't have to pay, but if you want an exchange the shipment back to you is also covered buy B&H, but you can do that once only for the coverage by B&H for international order.

Try not to order from those cheap cheap offering from some ebay shops, quite dangerous as you might not even get your item for just a few dollars saving.

Just want to know how the arrangement done for shipment back covered by B&H?

Did any one ever buy from ebay shop 'Cameta Camera' in USA ? Their camera/lens are quite cheap. I got a quote from a HK Shop for new D2x at s$6000. It is cheaper to fly there by jetasia and pick it up myself. Any coment please? Thanks.

ee0802ee said:
Did any one ever buy from ebay shop 'Cameta Camera' in USA ? Their camera/lens are quite cheap. I got a quote from a HK Shop for new D2x at s$6000. It is cheaper to fly there by jetasia and pick it up myself. Any coment please? Thanks.

Cameta do not ship to Singapore.
Read the "International Shipping Details".

Voyage said:

Could you tell me how to pay? Did you use master card for the transactions?

remember seeing 70-200vr grey going for us$1400+ on bh

Status
Not open for further replies.