Is it advisable to place dry cabinet in air-conditioned room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamchew85

Jan 2, 2009
please advise.. jzu bought a new dry cabinet.. but can't get stable humidity.

Let it run for a few days and wait for it to stabilize before putting your equipment in.

Mine is constant at 49 deg. But do take note that when you open and put your equipment in, the reading will go up. After a while, will go back to normal again.

I stabilize mine within a day. Bought new, turn knob all the way clockwise then turn to around 1 o'clock to bring it to 49 deg.

Let it run for a few days and wait for it to stabilize before putting your equipment in.

Mine is constant at 49 deg. But do take note that when you open and put your equipment in, the reading will go up. After a while, will go back to normal again.

I stabilize mine within a day. Bought new, turn knob all the way clockwise then turn to around 1 o'clock to bring it to 49 deg.

49 deg? or u mean 49%?:bigeyes:

i turn clockwise all the way for 1-2 days already but it still show around 25% humidity with around 30 deg... is it normal... now come my humidity so low

i turn clockwise all the way for 1-2 days already but it still show around 25% humidity with around 30 deg... is it normal... now come my humidity so low

Are you using an analogue or digital dry cab? 25% humidity is way too low and you may need to buy new equipment soon if this continues. Open the cab door to let the humid air flow in. Close the door after 30 seconds. It should read 55% now. Depending on whether it is an analogue or digital cab, read the instructions on how to set it to between 45% and 50%.

Are you using an analogue or digital dry cab? 25% humidity is way too low and you may need to buy new equipment soon if this continues. Open the cab door to let the humid air flow in. Close the door after 30 seconds. It should read 55% now. Depending on whether it is an analogue or digital cab, read the instructions on how to set it to between 45% and 50%.

mine is the DB-036

You shouldn't be turning the knob all the way to the end. Leave about one third of the way to go, should get you around the recommended range. Then from there do adjustments. The more to the right it is, the lower the humidity will become.

Mine is in an aircon room, although not directly under aircon draft.

Managed to get it stabilised after one day, it's between 40 and 50 daily.

Wasn't this just asked on here about a month ago? A SEARCH will give you your answer.

You shouldn't be turning the knob all the way to the end. Leave about one third of the way to go, should get you around the recommended range. Then from there do adjustments. The more to the right it is, the lower the humidity will become.

one third? mean supposed to be more to the left?

how come pple say turn to 1or 2 o'clock

ohh i think i figure it out.... thanks guys

Do you turn ON your aircon 24 hrs? If yes, you don't need a dry cabi. If no, do note that when temp goes down, RH% will go up and vice versa. So, when you turn on your aircon (temp drop), the RH% will go up, the cabi will take a while to bring it down again. When you turn off you aircon, the RH% will drop and take sometime before the RH% will go up again. If I remember correctly, 1degC change will cause 2~3%RH change.

This may be a reason why you think that the cabi can't be stable.

Anyway, just maintain around 45%RH, it depends on the size of the cabi and power as well as the stuffs you put inside. For me, to bring the RH% down, I need to turn to 2 o'clock and when it reach around 45%RH, I will turn it to 10 o'clock. You have to try to find out what setting is best for you. You setting should be for the longer period between your aircon ON or OFF

Good luck.

If u're using the analogue type, u won't get stable RH immediately. Mine took over 2 weeks (dunno why so long) and now is ok, though RH sometimes go below 40% still and i turn on my aircon every night when sleeping.

If u want to get stable RH instantly, then go for those which can set the RH itself digitally, but pay more of cos.

Open the cab door to let the humid air flow in. Close the door after 30 seconds. It should read 55% now. Depending on whether it is an analogue or digital cab, read the instructions on how to set it to between 45% and 50%.

Agree. This will let you check is the hygrometer functioning.

Wasn't this just asked on here about a month ago? A SEARCH will give you your answer.

There is always new comer willing to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.