Is it a MUST to use a ND filter on a bright & sunny day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

May 3, 2006
Bishan
Even if I do not max out my shutter speed to 1/8000 sec.

Will it improve the quality of the photo?

Thanks

:)

No, why?

wow you are using such equipments and you seem to lack a ND filter. Basically i use it on a sunny day and when i need a lower f-stop. CPL works too but sometime it gives different result. Back to qns, it is the same quality as long f stop same

Last edited:
wow you are using such equipments and you seem to lack a ND filter. Basically i use it on a sunny day and when i need a lower f-stop. CPL works too but sometime it gives different result. Back to qns, it is the same quality as long f stop same
what does the gears TS has got anything to do with a ND filter? :dunno:

Actually I do have 2 pcs B+W ND filters. 3 & 6 f-stops.

Blame it on my laziness to change and fix on the ND from the UV filter.

Plus I need to attach the flash for get rid of the dark shadows on the subject face.

:embrass:

How does ND filter improve the quality of the photo?

I suppose it does reduces some harsh sunlight & glare?

Well pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong.

Still learning. :)

I suppose it does reduces some harsh sunlight & glare?

Well pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong.

Still learning. :)

That's a polarizing filter. i suggest you do some reading on what an ND filter is.

What is a "long f-stop"? Do you even know what f-stop is?

Actually I do have 2 pcs B+W ND filters. 3 & 6 f-stops.

Blame it on my laziness to change and fix on the ND from the UV filter.

Plus I need to attach the flash for get rid of the dark shadows on the subject face.

:embrass:
I see, using fill flash during bright & sunny day.

if you use ND filters to bring down the shutter speed to the highest sync speed, your viewfinder will be very dark, your flash will also have to work extra hard. Why don't just simply use high speed sync aka FP mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.