Is it a must to buy a dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

Just wondering, for those of you using the digi-cabi (30L), at which point did u set the dial to to stablised the HR to 40-50%?

Currently i am setting if at 11 o'clock but the HR seems to increase to 52%. But when i set to 1 o'clock the HR drop to 40% but it won't stay there.. it will keep on dropping to 36%

Anyone can advise??

Regards

Razali

I just bought my digi cabi.. from John 3:16 very good service I must say!

hehe cyberdevil18, I have the same problem as you... Im still figuring out which position of the dial is optimal. right now its at max (red) and the guage is droping continously... when it reaches 45 I put it back to the blue gauge...

are camera bateries allowed inside the cabi?

I just bought my digi cabi.. from John 3:16 very good service I must say!

hehe cyberdevil18, I have the same problem as you... Im still figuring out which position of the dial is optimal. right now its at max (red) and the guage is droping continously... when it reaches 45 I put it back to the blue gauge...

are camera bateries allowed inside the cabi?

haha how much did you buy it for at john 3:16?

118 for how big ?

Another thing you do not want to do is mix equipment.

I thought I was doing my father a favour when I put his old lenses and cameras into my dry cabinet. Now my set is infected too 

I have since removed his equipment, but have a question. Beyond wiping the cabinet down with a damp cloth and letting it air for a day, is there anything I need to do before I re-introduce my freshly laundered lenses?

How about putting under the sun for say... 2 hours...Juz my crazy idea again. UV light sterlization.

Damp cloth... maybe some disinfectant liquid. Perhaps...

DRY BOX ---> DRY CABINET's better IMO dun have to worry about the gel thingy.

Any one brought the dry cabinet at carrefour ? any comment as i forget wat the brand already

Brand is Dry Cabi
80L cost you $200+
50L I think $148-$150+
30L around $108

Quality-wise, I would say it serves its function well & it looks quite cool too(like wine chiller I had from Carrefour :) ).

I think for 50L they will deliver FOC. Why not? Within budget to save your lotsa trouble when your lense got fungus.

Last edited:
tks alot
Brand is Dry Cabi
80L cost you $200+
50L I think $148-$150+
30L around $108

Quality-wise, I would say it serves its function well & it looks quite cool too(like wine chiller I had from Carrefour :) ).

I think for 50L they will deliver FOC. Why not? Within budget to save your lotsa trouble when your lense got fungus.

1-2% of fluctuation shld be ok...depending on the number of items u have inside.

Sometimes when I shoot on a friday, my gear remains in my bag as I shoot again on sat. When i put in the stuff on sat night, the meter changes again..

ok Thanks, I found out the problem. My cabinet was in the direct blow from the air con. Once I shifted away from direct blow, the fluctuation was within less than 5%.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.