Is it a must to buy a dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for this tip... Im thinking of getting one this weekend.
Cant make-up my mind which one to get though... the digital or the analog one? which brand?

Anyone knows where I can get the biggest drybox? Mine is already full. Not too keen to get a dry cabi.

Anyone knows where I can get the biggest drybox? Mine is already full. Not too keen to get a dry cabi.

not sure where to buy the biggest dry box... but I think dry box is not that cheap either right? I never buy a dry box before, been using dry cabi 1 week after i got my DSLR.

may I know Y u not keen on dry cabi? is there anything bad abt dry cabi. (just want hear your opinion.)

Another thing you do not want to do is mix equipment.

I thought I was doing my father a favour when I put his old lenses and cameras into my dry cabinet. Now my set is infected too 

I have since removed his equipment, but have a question. Beyond wiping the cabinet down with a damp cloth and letting it air for a day, is there anything I need to do before I re-introduce my freshly laundered lenses?

OOps, sorry didnt know it has been answered.

Another thing you do not want to do is mix equipment.

I thought I was doing my father a favour when I put his old lenses and cameras into my dry cabinet. Now my set is infected too
Infected by?...I have a 20 year old nikkor 35mm f1.4 and an ancient FM2 in the same dry cabinet as the one to store my newer lenses with no problems so far despite the nikkor having slight fungus on one of the 35mm's elements

Hi all,
can I check with u, is it normal for my DB-036 to show 48% humidity at nite in air con and 55% humidity during the day without air con? Is this fluctuation normal?

Thank you.

Hi all,
can I check with u, is it normal for my DB-036 to show 48% humidity at nite in air con and 55% humidity during the day without air con? Is this fluctuation normal?

Thank you.

Hmm..to my knowledge, it should show constant humidity. Did you remove/add in anything into the cabinet?

QUOTE=Pokka;4355328]Hmm..to my knowledge, it should show constant humidity. Did you remove/add in anything into the cabinet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I did not open the cabin. Have monitored for a few days.

Hi all,

Thank you.

I think you need to check if your cabinet is not leaking.. must be some cold air coming in...

QUOTE=Pokka;4355328]Hmm..to my knowledge, it should show constant humidity. Did you remove/add in anything into the cabinet?

Nope, I did not open the cabin. Have monitored for a few days.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...could be a faulty digicabi? How long have you bought this?

I think you need to check if your cabinet is not leaking.. must be some cold air coming in...

I second that.

Digital......best :thumbsup:

thanks!

next question, I saw 2 brands... the digi cabi and the "akira" one...
any comments on these brands?

I think the digi cabi is the one most use
while akira looks better hehe

Infected by?...I have a 20 year old nikkor 35mm f1.4 and an ancient FM2 in the same dry cabinet as the one to store my newer lenses with no problems so far despite the nikkor having slight fungus on one of the 35mm's elements
Hi RoC,
I brought it down to the shop and they told me the lens has fungus (probably from the old camera).
Which is why I've separated them. Not right?

I bought the cabi one month ago. May I know how to check for leakage?

Pokka mentioned that it should showed constant humidity level. May I know what it is meant by constant? Fluctuation of 2 % is also not normal?

Thank you all for your response.

1-2% of fluctuation shld be ok...depending on the number of items u have inside.

Sometimes when I shoot on a friday, my gear remains in my bag as I shoot again on sat. When i put in the stuff on sat night, the meter changes again..

Status
Not open for further replies.