Is it a good timing to buy resale flat now?

Guess I have to wait for miracle to happen liao ..

since when HDB price has dropped before?

Yes, during the 1999 crisis. 1997 and 1998 already going down when I bought my resale unit, and 1999 dropped further. In 2004-2005, we also saw a decrease in selling price for resale units.

Yes, during the 1999 crisis. 1997 and 1998 already going down when I bought my resale unit, and 1999 dropped further. In 2004-2005, we also saw a decrease in selling price for resale units.

So the conclusion is the wait?

Just keep looking within your budget. You'll find something eventually. Don't give up.

If you need a house NOW.... get one within your buget. Either by getting a smaller unit or at a less central location.

If you can wait for a few year.... then try your luck on BTO unit which will be much cheaper. But you might not get the location you want.

If I were you, I'll wait if I can. It looks to me that the bubble is becoming bigger. If not, then follow what diver-hloc has said. Get something that is within your budget.

Last edited:
No, the Ah Pek Agent did not show me the valuation report. He said he forgot to bring.
Wondering is he trying to test market, if have ppl willing to pay for 50k then he can brainwash the owner to sell and buy a another one?

very pro ... NOT :thumbsd:

The seller of my unit is still selling in the red - he told me he had bought the unit in '96 for $520k, but now he's sold it to me at $480k. Prior to this it had dropped to probably high-300k or low-400k in the lean years between 2003-2006, I think.

The buyer who are buying now at this COV price may look the same later.

Kudos to the government who manage to give somewhat smoother landing and avoid "1997 financial crisis property market crash" in subsequent crisis (SARS, bird-flu). Lets hope next crash, the landing will be somewhat smooth too.

Last edited:
feel like its another 97 bubble waiting to happen. im happy if it does cos time to cash in on it. when people are crazy, its time to be scared ...

Reading all the replies, realize I'm probably one of the lucky ones who got relatively low COV for what I'm getting (but still crazily high). One thing I learnt is, don't count on the bubble to burst. That was what we were waiting for but it never happened. Singaporeans... I think too many have cash, can hold, no panic. Compared to the rest of the region, I think we have housing prices that people can just hold indefinitely (or at least 2-3 years) so in the end, after the crisis, still go up again, but don't drop a lot. :sweat:

Am very upset with those Property agent. Now their business super hot became very attitude. Most of them unwilling to co-broke, even Co-broke, chances so small. They prefer to deal with buyer directly.

haiz... guess better buy BTO.. Far and got to wait 4yrs.

Am very upset with those Property agent. Now their business super hot became very attitude. Most of them unwilling to co-broke, even Co-broke, chances so small. They prefer to deal with buyer directly.

Are you a property agent yourself? I know some agents are quite ok to co-broke unless they are already co-broking with another agent.

honestly, i was thinking to buy one HDB, but after re-calculating, I prefer to put my money for my business in my hometown.. well i have ready house in hometown.. 3 somemore ! I do notice, alot of friends was a PR working in Singapore, but now they left singapore and do their business else where.. Singapore can work, can eat, can buy new cloth but you VERY DIFFICULT TO GET RICH!

i can recommend you a agent. the unit i just bought is co-broke. this agent is very helpful, tell him your requirement and your expectation and he will help you to find.

pm me if you interested.

the commission rate you have to check with him personally. anything u not sure feel free to let me know.

and fyi, you have to pay the agent GST.

Last edited:
with the amount of money Singapore government have, i think they can increase/lower the price by anytime.. the power is in their finger..

Are you a property agent yourself? I know some agents are quite ok to co-broke unless they are already co-broking with another agent.

Nope..

honestly, i was thinking to buy one HDB, but after re-calculating, I prefer to put my money for my business in my hometown.. well i have ready house in hometown.. 3 somemore ! I do notice, alot of friends was a PR working in Singapore, but now they left singapore and do their business else where.. Singapore can work, can eat, can buy new cloth but you VERY DIFFICULT TO GET RICH!

Yes, you are right. sian man.. have money have talks.. no more no talk

i can recommend you a agent. the unit i just bought is co-broke. this agent is very helpful, tell him your requirement and your expectation and he will help you to find.

pm me if you interested.

the commission rate you have to check with him personally. anything u not sure feel free to let me know.

and fyi, you have to pay the agent GST.

Currently my col's husband a agent is helping me already. giving up soon.. waiting for BTO seem much better idea.. haiz.. 4yrs is a very very long time

I think i know the reason why they not willing to cobroke cos
Come next year when the new regulation kicks in for agents they will not be able to represent both side. It is either they represent seller or buyer NO DUAL REPRESENTATION!

Last edited: