Is IS and low 'f' lens required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boinkboink

Nov 20, 2006
Image Stabalizer Lens
I am looking at 75-300mm lens from Canon. I am just wondering whether IS lens is really necessary for such lens.

Low 'f' lens
There are a couple of friends told me to get a low f lens. They mentioned that f/4-5.6 lens are not recommended. Assuming that I am actively involved in day photograpy, is f/2.8 really necessary?

Your comments are highly appreciated.

Image Stabalizer Lens
I am looking at 75-300mm lens from Canon. I am just wondering whether IS lens is really necessary for such lens.

Low 'f' lens
There are a couple of friends told me to get a low f lens. They mentioned that f/4-5.6 lens are not recommended. Assuming that I am actively involved in day photograpy, is f/2.8 really necessary?

No + No... there are many who survived without both

how to answer such questions....

Is it REALLY NECESSARY? Seriously, only YOU can answer that question.

Is a DSLR really necessary? Is a FLASH really necessary?

If you need/want and can afford it, buy it lor. Or just buy it 2nd hand in CS, try it, then sell it off if you don't like it. Probably just lose like tens of dollars...

Image Stabalizer Lens

Low 'f' lens

If you need it you will know. Then again, I could be wrong. Do you have a dictionary? I think you need that more. :)

Image Stabalizer Lens

Low 'f' lens

All up to you.

You can live without IS if you utilise monopods and tripods. But if you're the sort who prefers to handhold the lens most of the time, you may want such a lens.

As for large aperture lens, you'd love them for portrait shots as they would be able to give you a more shallow DOF and more often a better bokeh...

All up to you.

You can live without IS if you utilise monopods and tripods. But if you're the sort who prefers to handhold the lens most of the time, you may want such a lens.

As for large aperture lens, you'd love them for portrait shots as they would be able to give you a more shallow DOF and more often a better bokeh...
Good :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.