Is iN2015 a social or economic policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regit

Dec 3, 2003
Singapore
Just what is your thought on this?

in2015 I'll be looking after my young kids and probably worrying if they can get into a good primary school soon. So I'll say it's a social impact for me :bsmilie:

will change to economy policy when they actually get into school ;p before that it's still social.

it's called IT (infrastructure) policy :bsmilie:

Social and economics are those that benefit from such policy.

it's called IT (infrastructure) policy :bsmilie:

Social and economics are those that benefit from such policy.

Are you suggesting that neither is benefiting from such policy? :think:

The big question is, who can predict what is going to be like 10 years later? We know that technology jumps and bounces so fast.
- 10 years ago I was using modem dialup at 56k
- 20 years ago I was using telephone line for voice only
- 30 years ago I didnt even have a telephone in my home.

I read it as iN2015 is purely a technological policy, anything else is not pre-planned.

Exactly... let me give you another example... building of MRT/Roads/Expressways..etc is under what kind of policy? They are all infrastructure.

All these are investment in infrastructure... the returns are not guaranteed. For the case of MRT, the outcome was unexpected where most stations became nodal points for economic bloom.

Social policies are policies like racial harmony, stop at 2 or have 3 or more if you can afford...etc

Economic policies are more like those making Sg a favorable investment location, a financial hub..etc

They are interrelated and can benefit from each other but they are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.