Is Image Stabilization fuction important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oTaRu

Dec 25, 2004
as above... pls advise... thanks~! :)

depends. it's not important for capturing moving subjects and when you can use high ISO to get fast shutter speeds.

yeah depends la. IS wont freeze action. higher shutter speeds will. but it is a cool feature to have esp at longer lengths

so if i using ISO 80 or 100 shooting a object that maybe slighty move a little bit w/o image stabilization... then when viewing the photo, will have some "double image" on it?

image stabilization is good for camera that are mainly small and light.
if u intend to get a compact camera,this function is something you must consider.
cause you won't want to be complaining how blur your night shots are and surely not carrying a tripod to correct the problem.

so if i intend to buy a pro-consumer camera, actually dun need to have this function loh? is it?

u know yaself best la...ask yaself if a few stops shutter will help more ... or a monopod will help more...

or mayb u already have rock steady hands...then no need to bother about all this already

cheers.

cos i haven purchase a new camera yet... still haven decide with model to buy... so need to seek advise... :)

dont waste the money on the IS feature... spend it on a better lens. u can always used a tripod/monopod or a higher iso speed to compensate.

oTaRu said:
cos i haven purchase a new camera yet... still haven decide with model to buy... so need to seek advise... :)

What if IS in both body & lens? Of course I'm not talking about fast moving subject lah!:) Just kidding man.:sweat:

Its something nice to have, but as others have said, there are ways around it if you can't justify the $$$. If you have the $$$, why not?

vince123123 said:
Its something nice to have, but as others have said, there are ways around it if you can't justify the $$$. If you have the $$$, why not?

Well, who got the $$! You know what you can do with it now!:sweat:

currently not wealthy enough to spend on DSLR... now getting a pro-consumer camera is enough for me...

oTaRu said:
currently not wealthy enough to spend on DSLR... now getting a pro-consumer camera is enough for me...

Me too bro.:( Still using film camera & don't shoot much.

Actually I find that with the improving noise signature on DSLR nowadays, its less important to have IS since you can always compensate via increasing iso.

Splutter said:
Actually I find that with the improving noise signature on DSLR nowadays, its less important to have IS since you can always compensate via increasing iso.

But still couldn't record white with details like films do leh?:think: :sweat:

just ask yourself, why are f/1.4, f/1.8, f/2.8 lenses important to some photographers?

Splutter said:
True, but what's that gotta do with IS?:dunno:

You mentioned improving noise signature leh?:dunno: :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.