Is Image Stabilization fuction important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me personally, I swear by it. I'll never use another system without AS/IS/VR!

It definitely gives you an edge in those "borderline" cases, where just that bit of difference would determine if a shot is good or gets ruined. 3-stop advantage is about TEN shutter-speed levels!

Is always good to have IS function if you can afford.
But w/o it, will not stop you from taking a good picture.
Tripod or monopod are there to help you, just that it is slightly inconvenient only.
Modern technology has help us in lots of ways, but it has spoil us
by avoiding the hard way to learn. :bsmilie:

Only if you need it. There is no free lunch. You will lose some sharpness with IS. Someone tested the 300 F4 L IS and said it is not worthy of the "L". The non IS 300 F4L is far superior. You can find this comment on the Internet. But if you always shoot in low light with tele then it makes sense. For me it does not make sense to buy a "L" IS lens knowing it is only so-so. I rather not take the photo. Or use a tripod.

Try not to pamper yourself with VR. What about the old slrs in the 1970s. They barely had any VR lens to go with the bodies. Use a pod or handhold steadily.

Technological advances should be used to its advantage - there isn't any point in research and technological progress if the consumers are not willing to embrace new technologies.

Your statement is the same as saying that we should all use manual typewriters because in the 19XXs, there were no computers/wordprocessors/electronic typewriters.

Fluorite said:
Try not to pamper yourself with VR. What about the old slrs in the 1970s. They barely had any VR lens to go with the bodies. Use a pod or handhold steadily.

Status
Not open for further replies.