is ikea a good place to buy desktop chairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ikea ones not lasting... and cheap ones really look cheap... not worth it...

saw vhive 1, gian gian... mid range one i like... almost 200 per pc...

Go to Pico Centre at Lavendar.

ikea ones not lasting... and cheap ones really look cheap... not worth it...

saw vhive 1, gian gian... mid range one i like... almost 200 per pc...

Agreed. Vhive's price is more reasonable and of better quality. Most of the furniture there are from belgium.

As for Ikea..... The quality of the more expensive range doesn't justify the price. IMHO

Quite alot of places selling desk chairs. Gelyang, eminent plaza near lavender and etc...

i think i heard about it. u meant Pico Creative Centre right? its the name of the building, do you have the name of the shop so that i can check out yellowpages to call up to ask whether they provide delivery.

Yup, that's the buildings, but I've not been there myself.. hahahhaa.
I need to get myself a chair too.

you got any idea if there provide free delivery? i live in bedok, i cant imagine carrying a huge chair walking around. lol

Will find out for u when I'm there.;)
I live in Punggol, also need delivery services.

haha good luck then. i'll let u know too if i happen to be there earlier.

Thanks.
Btw, I'm looking at those with Net-back support. much cooler. Can place the fan behind & still feel the wind. :bsmilie:

I bought a set of leather chairs from Ikea for my office. Original price ~ $298, now offer at $128. It can be found in the Ikea catalogue. But it is always out of stock and I did not see a sample when visited the Alexandra branch a few weeks ago.

For $128, it is a really good deal for real/semi-real leather (real part is whereyou sit, the back and sides are semi-leather).

But one will need an air-conditioned room as it might get hot after a while.

As for durability of Ikea products, they claim to have done 'stress-tests' on chairs to ensure they can last xxx hours. For other products such as cupboards, they're been known to 'sag' at the weak points. But for their price/style, it is sort of the rates to pay. Unless one wants to fork out $$ for solid wood furniture, Ikea is a good place to shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.