is FZ5 worth the price?


Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#1
i own a panasonic lc-20....now a bit faulty...thinking of buying fz5 to replace...price is like 600-700 ....is it worth that price...?
i love the zoom...me not an expert in photography.....just wanna use it for holiday...and night shooting.....
is the iso400 picture noisy???;)

sorry for asking so many question

thank you
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#2
y not wait for the newly FZ7? its just like FZ5 but with quite a number of improvement and the size and weight is nearly the same

For noise level i think almost all Lumix not just FZ-series are the same or somewhere near
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#3
ExplorerZ said:
y not wait for the newly FZ7? its just like FZ5 but with quite a number of improvement and the size and weight is nearly the same

For noise level i think almost all Lumix not just FZ-series are the same or somewhere near
fz7..when coming out???
noise level same??my lc20 iso200 noise already a bit too much and 400 i nv use....too noisy....:cry:
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#4
jlpk007 said:
fz7..when coming out???
noise level same??my lc20 iso200 noise already a bit too much and 400 i nv use....too noisy....:cry:
yup should be about the same noise level... i own a fz5 and noise level is quite terrible as well
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#5
you must understand that Fz5, is still a compact camera. thus, noise issue comes to into play. unless you are a frequent night shooter, then the high iso values offered by DSLR's would be of some use to you.

the FZ5 is primary a good[excellent imo] compact shooter judging by price, zoom and the features it produces. it compares well with the S2 in a lot of aspects.

it'll be a month before the Fz7 is released anyway..so why not wait for that...
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#6
price will be a big factor for me fz5 price is still ok for me...looking at the number of new features they add to fz7...i am afraid it will be a big difference in price between fz5 and 7...:( ...
thanks..for the advice guys......
 

StanGetz

Senior Member
Mar 29, 2005
1,703
0
36
stangetz82.multiply.com
#7
I think u faced the same prob as me last time when i was considering an 2nd hand FZ3 or a new FZ5, cost was in consideration also.

But,in the end i chose to go for the FZ5, due to the improve features it had and i need (5M, better handgrip,, faster AF). actually it will depends if u need/use the improved features on the new FZ7 instead, cos if not, no point spending bout $150-$200(estimated) more for the FZ7 over the FZ5. that $$ could be used for other accessories(filters, camera bag, bigger SD card, converter lenses etc)

Juz my opinion hope it helps =)
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#8
StanGetz said:
I think u faced the same prob as me last time when i was considering an 2nd hand FZ3 or a new FZ5, cost was in consideration also.

But,in the end i chose to go for the FZ5, due to the improve features it had and i need (5M, better handgrip,, faster AF). actually it will depends if u need/use the improved features on the new FZ7 instead, cos if not, no point spending bout $150-$200(estimated) more for the FZ7 over the FZ5. that $$ could be used for other accessories(filters, camera bag, bigger SD card, converter lenses etc)

Juz my opinion hope it helps =)
u using a fz5 now..care to share the pro and cons of this camera...

how is the quality from iso200 onwards...is the af assist light useful???my old lc20 got no assist light..basically is a daytime camera...low light condition all must photo shop....cause it will turns out too dark.....
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#9
jlpk007 said:
fz7..when coming out???
noise level same??my lc20 iso200 noise already a bit too much and 400 i nv use....too noisy....:cry:
IMHO, since FZ7 is capable up to ISO 1600, so if set to ISO 400, hopefully hv better picture quality or less noise then FZ5 :dunno:
For the price in the net seem they set the retail price around US$399, so hopefully selling in Sin next month around S$700-800 :rolleyes:
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#10
armadillo said:
IMHO, since FZ7 is capable up to ISO 1600, so if set to ISO 400, hopefully hv better picture quality or less noise then FZ5 :dunno:
For the price in the net seem they set the retail price around US$399, so hopefully selling in Sin next month around S$700-800 :rolleyes:
i may skip fz7......i read that they are still using same sensor...and lens....and the iso1600 may not allow u to take pics at full resolution.....:confused: fz7 is also bigger.....really like fz 5 size....hopefully i was wrong about fz 7.....on the iso part....i would love to have high iso...very good and useful for night shot..
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#11
jlpk007 said:
i may skip fz7......i read that they are still using same sensor...and lens....and the iso1600 may not allow u to take pics at full resolution.....:confused: fz7 is also bigger.....really like fz 5 size....hopefully i was wrong about fz 7.....on the iso part....i would love to have high iso...very good and useful for night shot..
Yeah, agree with you the sensor size is the same, so not sure if quality will improve. For myself, I plan to get it during IT show, 9 Mar 2006. Anyway at the moment still can't see any full review on this camera. Wait and see :D
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#12
armadillo said:
Yeah, agree with you the sensor size is the same, so not sure if quality will improve. For myself, I plan to get it during IT show, 9 Mar 2006. Anyway at the moment still can see any full review on this camera. Wait and see :D
i will not get the Fz7 but i want to see if the new accesories that panasonic rolls out with the Fz7 will be compatible with my Fz5....
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#13
Oops, typo error in my previous msg, shd be can't instead of can :)
Anyway at the moment still can't see any full review on this camera. Wait and see
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#14
armadillo said:
Yeah, agree with you the sensor size is the same, so not sure if quality will improve. For myself, I plan to get it during IT show, 9 Mar 2006. Anyway at the moment still can't see any full review on this camera. Wait and see :D
fz7 will be launch by then???if so i will wait and see......
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#15
jlpk007 said:
fz7 will be launch by then???if so i will wait and see......
if im not wrong its should be out by march...exact date i'm not very sure.
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#16
metallilan said:
if im not wrong its should be out by march...exact date i'm not very sure.
I'm quite sure, during IT show 9 Mar 2006, this camera will be on sale :cheers:
Cause I plan to get it that day :devil:
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#17
armadillo said:
IMHO, since FZ7 is capable up to ISO 1600, so if set to ISO 400, hopefully hv better picture quality or less noise then FZ5 :dunno:
It all depends on the CCD size and the firmware handling, not necessary that when it is capable of setting ISO up to 1600, 400 must be good.:nono: :nono:
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#18
armadillo said:
I'm quite sure, during IT show 9 Mar 2006, this camera will be on sale :cheers:
Cause I plan to get it that day :devil:
Don't be too sure. I still remember Pana launched their FZ5 almost immediately after the IT show last year, not before. ;)
 

armadillo

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,381
2
0
Pinnacle@Duxton
#19
JimDavis said:
Don't be too sure. I still remember Pana launched their FZ5 almost immediately after the IT show last year, not before. ;)
hahaha..., ok ok, another month to go, just wait and see :bsmilie:
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
#20
seems like a lot of fz7 wanna be here....i wanna see the real size first...i like fz5 size...if fz7 is too big then i will drop it from my wish list.....
btw when is the pc show????;p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom