Is Fuji XT-2 Cheaper in Japan?

makoy

Jan 10, 2007
Hi, I am planning to get a Fuji XT-2. Would it be cheaper to buy it in Japan, as I will be there next month or is the current promo better?

Promo: https://www.alanphoto.com.sg/fujifilm/

I am not sure if I would be using the free battery grip.

Body only : I would say if you do not mind a new X-T2 without warranty (grey market) can consider HK where its about S$1700
Use the difference as a free holiday to HK to compensate for lack of warranty if u are OK with it
If you fly to HK frequently then can consider a set WITH HK warranty

Fujifilm has stopped international warranty since April 1 2017

Its a free world and your money.... the question you want to ask is : whats the Fujifilm Singapore warranty worth to you as a Fujifilm camera owner?

Last edited:
Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Not necessarily. If you are only planning to hoot cheapest possible and only want body alone (there's a current lenses PwP promo plus gifts for local sets) and you don't bother with warranty.

Prices of cameras and kits in Japan are available on the big retailers' website. At current exchange rates, there are substantial savings for quite a number of Fuji's cameras and kits even counting in the cash-back amount. However, as the above members has pointed out, it really depends on how much you value the local warranty. From the other point of view, it also depend on how much you trust Fuji's manufacturing quality.

If you are just getting a camera body only, it may be much cheaper in Japan. But do note that there is no international warranty. But locally, the purchase with purchase program is very value for money. And if I remember correctly, there was a deal where a free battery grip was given free with purchase of an XT2 body.

Thanks for all your replies. I bought it here with the promotion, which included batt grip, extra batt, leather case, etc. I'll probably get a lens when i visit japan.

Nice :) if u r looking to share images or learn more ; remember u can either do it at the respective image galleries on CS or you can join Fujifilm ClubX on Facebook.

YL Camera in Malaysia is having a promo XT2 body RM4,700.00 only. Promo ends this Sunday 8, July.

I believe have to do with the launching of the new X-T3 at photokina end September 2018. Rumor is that the new X-T3 will come with a new 26-megapixel stacked sensor and a new X-processor.

I believe have to do with the launching of the new X-T3 at photokina end September 2018. Rumor is that the new X-T3 will come with a new 26-megapixel stacked sensor and a new X-processor.
Yah.. Think cmf will announce in Sept.. Gonna be more than 2.6k??

Its very (ahem) likely to be announced just right before Sept Photokina or latest at PhotoKina itself :)

and yes, aggressively priced.

Actually still considering to get the X-T2 at around $1500 after trade-in but now extremely tempted to wait for the aggressively priced X-T3. Hahahaha...:p

Probably px against fuji xt2 rrp ba.. Which is 2599... But the aggressively pricing is gonna be applicable to us in Singapore??? Or just the States??

I believe our beloved Moderator keithwee must have heard some "rumor" about the aggressively pricing already. Should be applicable to Singapore too (hopefully).

hi....

There's a host of reasons for the pricing for the X-T3 probably. (Nothing is ever confirmed until announcement day too) If I am not wrong, it will be the most attractive ever for a flagship level camera.

I was quite surprised by the backlash to XT3 possibly being made in China though since nowadays Apple is made in China and well, even Leica is no longer all made in Germany. I will be more concerned the quality and worksmanship is kept to a standard worthy of the cost.