Is flickr pro account worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

velasco

Jul 7, 2006
PARISris , Singapore
ukellyclarkson.com
Hi all, i have exceeded the 200 photos mark so i was considering whether to upgrade. hehe.

any pointers? as soon as i pay via visa card/mastercard will i automatically get an upgraded account there of?

Should be automatically. I'm also contemplating on getting a pro acc. Then i can have more than 3 sets!

Btw where is this place. I seem to be seeing alot of people having this photo lol.

2642252831_ae8a9a9b18_m.jpg

Yep... Pretty instant. And its very worth it.

Should be automatically. I'm also contemplating on getting a pro acc. Then i can have more than 3 sets!

Btw where is this place. I seem to be seeing alot of people having this photo lol.

2642252831_ae8a9a9b18_m.jpg

yesh thats my motivation too. categorization is so essential to me.thats the henderson waves bridge :D google it up haha.

Yep... Pretty instant. And its very worth it.

yesh ok then i think i'll go get one but as i was surfing i came across this. FREAKY , is that true?

http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2008/07/07/how-every-flickr-photo-ended-up-on-sale-this-weekend/

a flickr conspiracy?

Hi all, i have exceeded the 200 photos mark so i was considering whether to upgrade. hehe.

any pointers? as soon as i pay via visa card/mastercard will i automatically get an upgraded account there of?

1) past files still can be hosted

2) the presentation of flickr is very bleh

3) but it ultimately depends on you

if you want to get a more pleasing, organised presentation, look at pbase and/or zenfolio.

there is also smugmug. all of them have different conditions though.

its less than 10 cent per day, just buy if u like it.

flickr is fast, and the sharing feature is much better than the other site i know of.
It's like facebook when it is underrated, yahoo has already see the future in it and brought over it.

1) past files still can be hosted

2) the presentation of flickr is very bleh

3) but it ultimately depends on you

if you want to get a more pleasing, organised presentation, look at pbase and/or zenfolio.

there is also smugmug. all of them have different conditions though.

i love flickr's presentation actually. very userfriendly. i dont favor website looking layouts since im a webdesigner myself. i like making my own not using any custom templates. so the clean presentation of flickr catches my attention. hmmm im torn man

i shall just prepare my dads credit card either way. mwhaha:bsmilie:

i love flickr's presentation actually. very userfriendly. i dont favor website looking layouts since im a webdesigner myself. i like making my own not using any custom templates. so the clean presentation of flickr catches my attention. hmmm im torn man

i shall just prepare my dads credit card either way. mwhaha:bsmilie:

lol, pbase allows you to make templates. :)

i know, i'm pushing it hard. :bsmilie:

My flickr pro account expired in April and I haven't bought another one yet.
I feel like I'm missing out by having all my sets go missing and all my old pics missing.

bro i mean i rather keep photostorage as photostorage and create a separate photography portfolio site for myseld ;) hehe :D:sweat:

ah

you see, this is my logic - flickr is free unlimited anyways, just that you cannot see past photos. :bsmilie: so it appears to me like paying money for flickr pro is like paying money to see photos.. not really needed.

btw, beyond 200, your 201th photo still is hosted, just that you cannot see it lor! :bsmilie:

ah

you see, this is my logic - flickr is free unlimited anyways, just that you cannot see past photos. :bsmilie: so it appears to me like paying money for flickr pro is like paying money to see photos.. not really needed.

btw, beyond 200, your 201th photo still is hosted, just that you cannot see it lor! :bsmilie:

lmao :nono: funny ar? :p eh pbase is too pro only for pro like you .nyeh :D:sticktong

lmao :nono: funny ar? :p eh pbase is too pro only for pro like you .nyeh :D:sticktong

...:sweat:

no la, i don't know anything about web design.. zenfolio was incompatible with firefox formerly.. and i like clean looking sites so. anyways, all of them are quite inexpensive frankly. one advantage flickr has is that it is really, really, really fast. :)

I jumped into the bandwagon few days ago

what about Google Picasa webalbum? 1gb free storage, unlimited albums (as far as i know), easy upload using Picasa2, easy html embedding?

hello,

u can try myphotoalbum.com. it free with TRUE unlimited number of photos. and also the photos cannot be save by others by right click. only problem is tat no image link.

u can do wat i do also, upload to myphotoalbum as main portfolio, then only upload those tat u want to post on the web to flickr and use the image link. like tat u dun need to pay a single cents. :)

jay the very calculative

You're better off with a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.