Is February Good time to go Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze

Aug 16, 2005
Hi guys,

I am planning to go Melbourne during February.. heard is about end of summer.. is it good time to go?

Just want to make sure before i book my air ticket.. to avoid nothing to see -__-

Eh Still too hot for me... Mid March better, with the highs in the high 20s and the lows in the low 20s. In Feb still have highs in the high 30s... :sweat:

Watcher said:
Eh Still too hot for me... Mid March better, with the highs in the high 20s and the lows in the low 20s. In Feb still have highs in the high 30s... :sweat:

Then ca n i check with you.. Mid March better or Mid April?

You can visit melbourne all year round. But would advise you to go during april. Autum is my favourite. The colour of the leaves, trees are just magical. And also you wont have flies buzzing all around. Autum is beautiful for photography, deep set blue skies warm sunsets red and orage leaves. And you can shuffle you feet though the dry leaves and it weather is perfect.

Some places for you to vist if you have never been there.

St kildas beach fine dining and watching waves..

The city central good for photog, long sloapy roads with building by side near vic mart. Eveing shot with buildings casting shadows on roads and the tram cables, kick ass shot heh heh..

Vic mart go there on weekends most life. (must try the jam dounuts been having cravings even though I left uni about 6 years back)

Maybe you can go during the good friday break, its holdays there 1 week. If you do, vist st paul catheral for the good friday service the local choir there heavenly.

Too bad not rugby season yet, really fun to watch.

For shopping goto richmond and chapel street. Can chiong there too.

Just realax by a street side cafe too is a must do, scones there are one class up.

If you like you can goto claufield, and there is a fnsh and chip shop there I abosolutely swear by. (Skip this its near my uni it always finsh and chips or pizza when exams are near heh heh must be the adiction)

Goto the dandenong ranges.

The great ocean road.

The grampians for a hike. Beautful place. wake up early for the sunrise. I staayed at a cabin there in the park once. I woke up with mist filled plains and lone standing trees and the mountain in the background with purple skies and stars. Nobody can say that there is no God lookin at something like this. I do injustice trying to describe it.

Phlip island for penguins not so many in april.

Try the pizza at lygon street very nice its and itillain area near melbourne uni.

Actually in the suburbs there are parks, go there in the evening to play with dogs and watch the local life go by.

If you hunt harder you can even find small park in the middle of nowehre with small pond very romantic if you are going with someone special but hard to find unless you know the place in side out.

The war memorial is also a must see. Especiall during Anza day cant remmeber when. Wathcing the old men with all their medal, coming in crutches and wheel chairs just to remmeber ther lost friends and comrades ( less we forget) The memorial is in the middle of the botanical gardes which is alo very beautiful. You can feed the swan theres but they are ruffians...

Take a walk down yara late at night there is a man who play the best (sax) under the bridge. Imagin not many people around and the music just echoing over the river, they street light reflecting off the water and the cold weather and musty air... Its sleepless in melbourne heh heh..

You can also see some extreem mountian biker practicing there. They hop across the boat piles. One mistake, bike and biker into the river. Bloody skillful.

There is also the blind accordian girl, builtiful music again..

You can goto the crown in the evening the fire jets may be worth looking at. Fine dining and stuff.

Love melboune and though it has been years my memories are still vivid. oh well have a great holiday.

Regards
Kenneth

Tsangstudios said:
You can visit melbourne all year round. But would advise you to go during april. Autum is my favourite. The colour of the leaves, trees are just magical. And also you wont have flies buzzing all around. Autum is beautiful for photography, deep set blue skies warm sunsets red and orage leaves. And you can shuffle you feet though the dry leaves and it weather is perfect.

Some places for you to vist if you have never been there.

St kildas beach fine dining and watching waves..

The city central good for photog, long sloapy roads with building by side near vic mart. Eveing shot with buildings casting shadows on roads and the tram cables, kick ass shot heh heh..

Vic mart go there on weekends most life. (must try the jam dounuts been having cravings even though I left uni about 6 years back)

Maybe you can go during the good friday break, its holdays there 1 week. If you do, vist st paul catheral for the good friday service the local choir there heavenly.

For shopping goto richmond and chapel street. Can chiong there too.

Just realax by a street side cafe too is a must do, scones there are one class up.

If you like you can goto claufield, and there is a fnsh and chip shop there I abosolutely swear by. (Skip this its near my uni it always finsh and chips or pizza when exams are near heh heh must be the adiction)

Goto the dandenong ranges.

The great ocean road.

The grampians for a hike. Beautful place. wake up early for the sunrise. I staayed at a cabin there in the park once. I woke up with mist filled plains and lone standing trees and the mountain in the background with purple skies and stars. Nobody can say that there is no God lookin at something like this. I do injustice trying to describe it.

Phlip island for penguins not so many in april.

Try the pizza at lygon street very nice its and itillain area near melbourne uni.

Actually in the suburbs there are parks, go there in the evening to play with dogs and watch the local life go by.

If you hunt harder you can even find small park in the middle of nowehre with small pond very romantic if you are going with someone special but hard to find unless you know the place in side out.

The war memorial is also a must see. Especiall during Anza day cant remmeber when. Wathcing the old men in all their medal, coming in crutches and wheel chairs just to remmeber ther lsot friends and comrades ( less we forget)

Take a walk down yara late at night there is a man who play the best (sax) under the bridge. Imagin not many people around and the music just echoing over the river, they street light reflecting off the water and the cold weather and musty air... Its sleepless in melbourne heh heh..

You can also see some extreem mountian biker practicing there. They hop across the boat piles. One mistake, bike and biker into the river. Bloody skillful.

There is also the blind accordian girl, builtiful music again..

You can goto the crown in the evening the fire jets may be worth looking at. Fine dining and stuff.

Love melboune and though it has been years my memories are still vivid. oh well have a great holiday.

Regards
Kenneth

Thnak you very much for the precious info.
Guess i cannot go already.. since my friend cannot make it on Mid April.. can only go on mid march...

Haze said:
Thnak you very much for the precious info.
Guess i cannot go already.. since my friend cannot make it on Mid April.. can only go on mid march...

Mid march should be good too. April might be getting abit cold.

Tsangstudios said:
Mid march should be good too. April might be getting abit cold.

But i want to go during the best time .. i love to see maple leave..
if Mid march dun have :( dun think i watn to go...

Tsangstudios said:

FOOTY ???

melb is wonderful. i prefer it to Sydney. i went this year in mid-end july, right smack in the middle of winter. i loved the cold, the lygon street tiramisu, DANDENONGS!!!, and grampians, and great ocean road. wow. :thumbsup:

The Melbourne weather can change many times in a day.

I like Perth! Hee-hee

k3nn3th03 said:
FOOTY ???
Aussie Rulzs.. Only in Melbourne. No holds bard version of rugby or whatever I dont know the rules just join the crowd and the colors and soak up the atmosphere heh heh. Sometimes they even rip the ear off by accident cuase during winter they dont feel anything :p They kick punch the oponents, coastline you name it heh heh abit exaggerated but yup you get the picture.

you never know what the weather is going to be like....unpredictable...

sometimes you can experience 4 seasons in a day....

but mid march should be okie...

i have experienced 43 degrees, a very good hot experience... ;)

go watch AFL, good aussie experience, go for melbourne demons, ;)

Haze said:
Then ca n i check with you.. Mid March better or Mid April?
Better? It depends if you can take a little cold and you want to see the autumn weather.

Rugby and AFL (Aussie Rules) starts in end March. April would be better... just before or just after Good Friday. If you really want to see a nice autumn leaves, mid May, during the school exam period, even better, though the weather is wetter and cooler (highs of high teens, low in the low teens).

These were taken mid May:
Carlton-Garden-Fisheye.jpg

rainbow.jpg

prince's-bridge-2.jpg

ycchen said:
you never know what the weather is going to be like....unpredictable...

sometimes you can experience 4 seasons in a day....

but mid march should be okie...

i have experienced 43 degrees, a very good hot experience... ;)

go watch AFL, good aussie experience, go for melbourne demons, ;)

really? Mid march can see maple leaves?? i really want to see maple leaves leh

Watcher said:
Better? It depends if you can take a little cold and you want to see the autumn weather.

Rugby and AFL (Aussie Rules) starts in end March. April would be better... just before or just after Good Friday. If you really want to see a nice autumn leaves, mid May, during the school exam period, even better, though the weather is wetter and cooler (highs of high teens, low in the low teens).

These were taken mid May:
Carlton-Garden-Fisheye.jpg

rainbow.jpg

prince's-bridge-2.jpg

I not scare of cold but scare of hot.
Mid may can see Leaves ;D.. then can try go on mid may hor..

I likes the first pic ^_^...

I hoping to be able to go to melbourne & tasmania in April. Missed the good old school days over 8 years ago. There was once in Feb, during the heat wave of 1997, the temperature that day soared to 43 - 45 degrees. I only cycled for 10 mins, and my skin was tanned.

Nearly forgot: Commonwealth Games 2006 is in Melbourne from 15 Mar till 26 Mar. You can imagine the madness there between then.

Watcher said:
Nearly forgot: Commonwealth Games 2006 is in Melbourne from 15 Mar till 26 Mar. You can imagine the madness there between then.

is that soccer?

Haze said:
is that soccer?
all kind of sports

If you have more budgets with you, recommend you to have a meal at flower drum in chinatown...

heard the pecking duck is good, one of the best chinese restaurant too, but very very $$$...

Status
Not open for further replies.