Is Expodisc worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
moola on the LSPJII?? :dunno:

Cheesecake said:
u'll do better to use ur moola on the LSPJII instead of this expodisc gizmo.
that's a true waste of $$ if there ever was one.

I also use the 'little bra cup' at the top of the LSIIPJ to do white balance sometimes ;)

Not too bad.

But having to measure WB is a pain. If its an important shot with potential, I will shoot RAW.

seankyh said:
I also use the 'little bra cup' at the top of the LSIIPJ to do white balance sometimes ;)

Not too bad.

But having to measure WB is a pain. If its an important shot with potential, I will shoot RAW.
yesssssh!! RAW is the way to go!!! i bring lotsa CF cards!! burn them all!!! :flame:

I have a book printed in 1994 (before digital cameras became commercially available), which explains the use of the expo disc as a cheaper alternative to buying a handheld lightmeter to convert the camera to an incident light meter as opposed to using it as a less accurate reflected light meter. I guess with the advant of digital photography, where white balance can be manupilated directly on the camera, it has been cleverly repackaged.
But at $300, I think getting a second hand minolta v flash meter would be a cheaper option since it will tell you the colour temperature at a glance.

I think CP having a promotion at this moment. Bought 1 recently at $250.00 from CP Marina Square. It's handy device and fairly accurate, unless of course you are shooting in irregular lightings and it changes from time to time....

catchlights said:
77mm is about $300.00

if it was a universal fit, i might consider... but as not all my lenses are one filter size, probably not.

MDZ2 said:
I have a book printed in 1994 (before digital cameras became commercially available), which explains the use of the expo disc as a cheaper alternative to buying a handheld lightmeter to convert the camera to an incident light meter as opposed to using it as a less accurate reflected light meter. I guess with the advant of digital photography, where white balance can be manupilated directly on the camera, it has been cleverly repackaged.
But at $300, I think getting a second hand minolta v flash meter would be a cheaper option since it will tell you the colour temperature at a glance.
#1, exposdise is a translucent version of gray card, to be use like a filter in front of lens, it can be use to take incident mater reading, or use as white balance reference, like do a custom WB setting or shoot a WB reference, same as the use of gray card in photography. be it in film or digital.
#2, can minolta flash meter give you color temperature reading? No, is minolta color meter, costy is about $1K plus, it only tell you the color temperature reading, not correcting the color for you.

jdredd said:
if it was a universal fit, i might consider... but as not all my lenses are one filter size, probably not.
get the bigger size of you filter mount, so you can use on all lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.