Is emotion behaviour logical ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digipat2003

Aug 13, 2004
just have a discussion with one of my colleague, me think emotion is something no logical so cannot compute, if can shall be able to buiilt in AI already rite ? On his side he think is logical.

What u all think leh ? :)

my personal stand is tt emotions r not logical. ttz wad makes us human.:)

thats what i am thinking, but my friend point is logical thinking is something like yes or no, so emotion consist of series of yes or no than it ends with a certain behaviour which i was like :bigeyes:

digipat2003 said:
thats what i am thinking, but my friend point is logical thinking is something like yes or no, so emotion consist of series of yes or no than it ends with a certain behaviour which i was like :bigeyes:

care 2 explain further cos i :dunno:

You want to know more on emotion? Get a gf.

espn said:
You want to know more on emotion? Get a gf.

hahaha me married liao so cannot get gf ;)

nothing much lah, just wanna to find out what the rest of Csers here think :D

"The heart has reasons that reason cannot know." - Blaise Pascal

I think there is already work done on programming emotions using AI in robots. It is also seen in the electronic games we play.

I think emotions is based on experiences and our senses. It is possible to programme these "logic" into a machine. Input A -> Output B

But it is hard to make it feel about it. For example, it is difficult to make it enjoy what it is programmed to do. Because it has no desires. And desires, if uncontrolled, can make one do inexplicable things; and the rational mind becomes irrational.

Maybe eventually an AI model can take on some emotions through smart programming, it I think it will be one dimensional. Because if we look at emotions on the whole, it sometimes contradicts each other. It's like a big rojak of morals, ethics, rules, laws, social interaction, politics, experiences and etc etc etc. Very hard to break down into logical statements.

digipat2003 said:
hahaha me married liao so cannot get gf ;)

nothing much lah, just wanna to find out what the rest of Csers here think :D
Hahaha then you should know the answer to your question liao ma. :bsmilie:

sORe-EyEz said:
care 2 explain further cos i :dunno:

i also abit :dunno: , but basically what he means is eg

- you are happy
- y u are happy
- cos u strike toto so u happy

something like that lor, so is logical,

but me pov is happy is emotion, cannot be logical, get what i mean ? hope so :)

espn said:
Hahaha then you should know the answer to your question liao ma. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: me know but that guy keep arguing with me mah, so i :mad2:

u may be able to logically deduce the emotional behaviour of people u know well or based on ur past experience.

digipat2003 said:
Time to ask that guy go find a GF/WIFE :bsmilie:

Engineers are logical, Artist are Illogical...

Some say i am artistic, some say i am too engineered... so in the end i only got 1 conclusion... i was born Schizophrenic...

digipat2003 said:
i also abit :dunno: , but basically what he means is eg

- you are happy
- y u are happy
- cos u strike toto so u happy

something like that lor, so is logical,

but me pov is happy is emotion, cannot be logical, get what i mean ? hope so :)
Maybe it is possible when you isolate one emotion at a time specific to an event, it is easy. But if it is a myriad of emotions... it's hair pulling :eek:

espn said:
Time to ask that guy go find a GF/WIFE :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: good idea :thumbsup:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Engineers are logical, Artist are Illogical...

Some say i am artistic, some say i am too engineered... so in the end i only got 1 conclusion... i was born Schizophrenic...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: that will be :eek:

sillyme said:
I think there is already work done on programming emotions using AI in robots. It is also seen in the electronic games we play.

I think emotions is based on experiences and our senses. It is possible to programme these "logic" into a machine. Input A -> Output B

But it is hard to make it feel about it. For example, it is difficult to make it enjoy what it is programmed to do. Because it has no desires. And desires, if uncontrolled, can make one do inexplicable things; and the rational mind becomes irrational.

Maybe eventually an AI model can take on some emotions through smart programming, it I think it will be one dimensional. Because if we look at emotions on the whole, it sometimes contradicts each other. It's like a big rojak of morals, ethics, rules, laws, social interaction, politics, experiences and etc etc etc. Very hard to break down into logical statements.

:think: roughly get wat u mean ;)

digipat2003 said:

u must hav talking 2 a blockhead!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.