Is DxO Optics Pro good to use?

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Is anyone using DxO here?

Juz wondering... How do you find it overall? It markets itself as being able to correct distortions, fringing, vignette, etc -- optical defects, but all these can be done using Adobe ACR/PS.

And reviews I read says the RAW workflow is not as good as Adobe LR or ACR.

So are there real strengths about DxO which ACR/PS is limited in?

Please share... Thanks.

i only really use it to correct extreme distortions with the parallel tool. Other than that.. nothing much because it is quite slow. You can correct distortions of people too which I find handy since my portraits are shot with uwa most of the time.

i only really use it to correct extreme distortions with the parallel tool. Other than that.. nothing much because it is quite slow. You can correct distortions of people too which I find handy since my portraits are shot with uwa most of the time.

Thanks. So it's over-hyped?

I read it can make life easy with auto correction and all that.

And I thot for distortions or other lens defect, PS can easily do it too.

Thanks. So it's over-hyped?

I read it can make life easy with auto correction and all that.

And I thot for distortions or other lens defect, PS can easily do it too.

Well it's alright la.. if you don't know how to use photoshop, it does make life simpler with slider bars..

It's something nice to try out though.. I guess you can correct distortions using liquify but it's quite a hassle la.

I differ!!!!

It is very very fast (ver 6.2), relatively to the methods mentioned.

It corrects much much more then distortion!!!

It is really very good in auto correct! - final touches, etc.... in either ps or nx, etc....

It is not a hype - though some may not like such workflow...