Is DURO locks good for your metal gates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin Howard

Feb 18, 2008
North Eastern Region
Dear fellow CSers,

I'm just curious how many Singaporeans using Duro or other brands for our metal gates at home. :)

i am using Viro lock with a Castle bracket for about 10 years. no problem, except occasional oiling with WD40 to keep the rod slipping in and out smoothly.

Me using duro. Eh have to admit very expensive, but so far so good.... Nvr rust or anything...

And most importantly, no one break in to my hse before:bsmilie:

me also using a duro lock, so far no problems and no break-in either

btw before you install the lock, get some thin rubber material and put in-between the lock and the gate

Been using it for 7 years. Works beautifully. Keep it lubricated and the rubber tip from Ortega is a good idea. Wish I thought about it before.

hehe, but now i got one problem. I clamped the lock so securely to my gate until wanna remove to do some painting got problem...:bsmilie:

if i am not mistaken, duro quite easy to break open if u know how

me also using a duro lock, so far no problems and no break-in either

btw before you install the lock, get some thin rubber material and put in-between the lock and the gate

good advise:thumbsup:, but i think PVC hose is better at preventing scratches. i too am using the same brand, i am not aware of an alternative/rival brand that uses the same kind of keys.

dimple keys do not make holes in my pockets. :lovegrin:

if i am not mistaken, duro quite easy to break open if u know how

Eh, if it is really true, keep to urself ok. Don't share here arh.... My hse so far still no break-ins yet:bsmilie:

Eh, if it is really true, keep to urself ok. Don't share here arh.... My hse so far still no break-ins yet:bsmilie:

not that i from Civil Defence, but i am sure they have their ways for dynamic entry. police oso should have some tricks up their sleeves to catch crooks holed up inside homes. :devil:

not that i from Civil Defence, but i am sure they have their ways for dynamic entry. police oso should have some tricks up their sleeves to catch crooks holed up inside homes. :devil:

Eh from what i see before, they use something like a very huge scissors and just cut....

they are called cutters. monkey ram for breaking the doors.

Eh from what i see before, they use something like a very huge scissors and just cut....

i used small pc of discarded inner rubber tube of bicycle tyres.

good advise:thumbsup:, but i think PVC hose is better at preventing scratches. i too am using the same brand, i am not aware of an alternative/rival brand that uses the same kind of keys.

dimple keys do not make holes in my pockets. :lovegrin:

they are called cutters. monkey ram for breaking the doors.

yes, thatz the correct term. :) definately not a Canon! :bsmilie:

i used small pc of discarded inner rubber tube of bicycle tyres.

rubber offers grip, but i find soft materials offer little protection against damaging the paintwork of the gates.... :sweat:

Yes.

You must never do this:

Agree to door to door salesgirl of "security company" to enter your house and make salespitch of the video camera that they install near or above your front door or gate.

Once installed, very hard to ask them to remove the security cameras.
They never want to.
You must pay horribly high charges each month to them for the link to the monitoring station.

And worst, they don't guarantee it will prevent break-in.

for those who already have them installed?...

if not paying for the services just leave the cam there, use something to cover it. who knows if the staff may use that cam to see into the home & abuse the system... there are always a few bad apples... :devil:

It was in the newspaper IIRC last year where you can duplicate the keys with ice-cream stick.

It was in the newspaper IIRC last year where you can duplicate the keys with ice-cream stick.

Ice cream sticks! You mean one can actually duplicate the keys for those so called computer keys using ice cream sticks???

i thought soaps are used for discretely duplicating keys.

How does Bangalore Torpedo sounds? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.