Is Dry-Pack Box Sufficient?

DukeJester

May 8, 2011
Dear All Experts,

Need your expertise and advice.

I saw this SunPro Dry-Pak Case for storing camera and lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90788991@N02/

Any reviews and advice on this?

Feel like buying it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
a dry cabinet will save you from all the headache.

Please explain more technica.... like different and usage...cos it is also air tight with a RH% meter.

Please explain more technica.... like different and usage...cos it is also air tight with a RH% meter.

Read the previous similar 500 threads including the one just below yours called "is this feasible"

How about using Clay desiccant - MIL-D-3464 Type I & II in a dry box?

Dry box uses silica or other desiccant. It has a great affinity of absorbing water moisture from the atmosphere, esp in our climate. If you use the camera daily or very frequently, you will find the silica exhausted very fast, and turns pinkish. You would then need to replace, or dry the silica.

Unlike a dry cabinet, it uses electical power to evaporate the moisture out of the cabinet constantly. There is not much maintenance, hence trouble free.

Yes, you can use dry box. But I may chose if it is a expensive pns camera, use once in a blue moon. Or if I stay in a dry climate, or store it in a 24/7 aircon room.
I have a couple of pns camera, don't even bother to put in dry box, only stay in the drawer.

Thanks a lot all