Is doing freelance wedding photography considered as MOONLIGHTING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
I believe quite a lot here are not full time professional wedding photographer but as freelance while holding on to a day job. Does your company allow such mumbo jumbo??? Or you all secretly do it??? Is it moonlighting??? :sweat:

If get caught = moonlighting.
If din get caught = go ahead and do.

I thought moonlighting refers to you working in the same business area for that might have conflict of interest?

Moonlighting = doing a second job outside of normal working hours.
Example: a factory worker moonlighting as a taxi driver.

if doing wedding shoots in Saturday and Sunday, still consider moonlighter?

If there isn't a conflict of interest, ur actions can be considered as a hobby! A part-timer amatuer at most.

* togu wonders if being a moderator is consider moonlighting... :think:

Anyway, who cares! :gbounce:

it is the NUTS at work again ( NO U TURN SYNDROME).
u want to declare your income tax is it?

does it really matter if it is moonlighting or not? what's your concern/s?

Harry Potter said:
I believe quite a lot here are not full time professional wedding photographer but as freelance while holding on to a day job. Does your company allow such mumbo jumbo??? Or you all secretly do it??? Is it moonlighting??? :sweat:

It is consider moonlighting unless you do it for free.

Think his concern is his day job contract stated "No moonlighting". hee hee

BTW, are you related to "Ding Shan Ben"? Found similarities in you two.

Harry Potter said:

I think very few companies care what you do with your free time as long as you clock in on time and able to keep your eyes open at work.

I have heard people moonlighting as taxi driver (he parked his taxi in front of the company), insurance agent, salesman, nightclub waiter, private tutor, hawker etc etc. One printing products saleman even sold his own printing products beside his company ones. :sweatsm:

Because some of you guys like to moonlighting as photographers, I know some pro photographers have to drive taxi part-time.

Wow, photographer moonlighting as taxi driver...
That reminds me the New York taxi driver who takes photos while he is driving around with his taxi.

True life stories...... part time handyman also have.

Imagine you when don’t have enough assignments and have a many mouths to feed… what will you do?

What about in this case

Someone employed as worker in a factory, but he/she runs shop by hiring people to do the job, the shop's business is non-related to the employed job. So, in this case is no conflict of interested, and he/she doesn't work in the shop.

Moonlightlight??

MCS said:
What about in this case

Someone employed as worker in a factory, but he/she runs shop by hiring people to do the job, the shop's business is non-related to the employed job. So, in this case is no conflict of interested, and he/she doesn't work in the shop.

Moonlightlight??

I'll call that "a step towards financial independence". ;)

MCS said:
What about in this case

Moonlightlight??

Or perhaps it is called “entrepreneurship” ??? ;)

so read your employment contract careful.... can do part-time job/other job or not.

Snowcrash said:
so read your employment contract careful.... can do part-time job/other job or not.

IMHO, I hardly see any employment contract will state that you can work part time. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.