Is death the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisa said:
that's a stupid way of dealing with this issue.

it doesn't make a person happy by taking the drugs, btw.

esp the hangover... drugs make u happy for 1 hour, but u end up miserable for the rest of your life....

Hmmm I dont think that people who commit sucide are cowards or stupid. They have got their own reasons and sometimes there are more to it than just what the news say. Have got friends who attempted, who committed (she has left this world) and I personally when I was young have attempted to due to a really bad childhood.

One reason why people commit sucide and its always "I always thought he or she was fine, it's so shocking!" Because of this stigma with telling others their problems and this tendancy to commit the act.Not wanting to be labelled stupid, idiot etc, they bottle everything up inside of them and hence in the end they feel so alone that they do it.

As for mercy killing, well all I can say unless you are the patient who is suffering great pain everyday and watching your illness drain the life of not only yourself but that of your family members and finacially you are costing a lot to maintain. You would think that you are better off dead. Put it this way too... in the natural world, you would have been dead anyway, but we with modern technology is able to keep a person alive via artifical means but at what cost? For myself and my parents, we have spoken about this and we would rather die than to live as a vegetable. As the saying goes, if you have an accident, its not whether you die but rather you hope you are not half dead.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
esp the hangover... drugs make u happy for 1 hour, but u end up miserable for the rest of your life....

That is why those are prescription drug, to be controlled by doctors, so as to prevent ABUSE.

clarinet said:
Hi ppl... recently seeing more suicide cases... Is death the solution to end all sadness in this world?
Looking at another viewpoint... something, some problem just simply cannot, no way to solve, so is death the answer? :dunno:

I think you have to commit suicide to find out whether it is a solution of not.

:)

Death is a solution for all idiots!! :thumbsup:
Escapee too!

centuryegg said:
Hmmm I dont think that people who commit sucide are cowards or stupid. They have got their own reasons and sometimes there are more to it than just what the news say. Have got friends who attempted, who committed (she has left this world) and I personally when I was young have attempted to due to a really bad childhood.

One reason why people commit sucide and its always "I always thought he or she was fine, it's so shocking!" Because of this stigma with telling others their problems and this tendancy to commit the act.Not wanting to be labelled stupid, idiot etc, they bottle everything up inside of them and hence in the end they feel so alone that they do it.

:thumbsup:

it's not easy to seek help too.
people don't actually understand what is going on.
say things like "i don't think u are unhappy, u so lucky. Why there are millions who are out there suffering? but u got this and that, ur family love you so much."
But who actually understand the mind of a person who wants to leave this world.

Nisa said:
:thumbsup:

it's not easy to seek help too.
people don't actually understand what is going on.
say things like "i don't think u are unhappy, u so lucky. Why there are millions who are out there suffering? but u got this and that, ur family love you so much."
But who actually understand the mind of a person who wants to leave this world.

True, one reason is also when they fear hearing "Why you so stupid, what to go kill yourself? STUPID, SILLY, SENSELESS"... these words only enforce their low self esteem and makes it worse. Hence with no help, they feel so hopeless that they decide to end it all...

Sion said:
I think you have to commit suicide to find out whether it is a solution of not.

:)

might give it a thought if the world force me to...

Some chose this way becos the pain is too unbearable (from what they perceive) and suicide is seen as a remedy to 'ease the pain'. Not all problems can be solved. Sometimes you just have to live with it and deal with the issue a step at a time. And that calls for great courage and support.

clarinet said:
might give it a thought if the world force me to...

hmm wat does the world do to u, that u do to invoke? think about it...

the world does not want to kill u unless u wanna kill the world... wat goes around comes around... KARMA TIME!!! :thumbsup:

clarinet said:
Hi ppl... recently seeing more suicide cases... Is death the solution to end all sadness in this world?
Looking at another viewpoint... something, some problem just simply cannot, no way to solve, so is death the answer? :dunno:

As long as they have someone to talk about their problems, death is never be the solution..
They need help.. and mabye we are all too busy with our daily life that we never reach out a helping hand..
It's not their fault.. they are lost. It's the society.. since when you are free to sit down and listen to problems that are not related to you directly..
Too busy with work..
Need to fetch my children..
No time, got to meet up with friends for photo taking :D ..

They are lost.. they need love, need someone to understand them.. and worst of all, seem like no one cares.. :cry:

Some of them might have lost the connection to this life and this consciousness and they are down a far deeper road that they have a hard time seeking out the world again.

LazerLordz said:
Some of them might have lost the connection to this life and this consciousness and they are down a far deeper road that they have a hard time seeking out the world again.

I agree. Too often we went too far down the road, and then when we want to go back, we seemed lost.

Eyesthruthelens said:
As long as they have someone to talk about their problems, death is never be the solution..
They need help.. and mabye we are all too busy with our daily life that we never reach out a helping hand..
It's not their fault.. they are lost. It's the society.. since when you are free to sit down and listen to problems that are not related to you directly..
Too busy with work..
Need to fetch my children..
No time, got to meet up with friends for photo taking :D ..

They are lost.. they need love, need someone to understand them.. and worst of all, seem like no one cares.. :cry:

Sometimes.... when u think of someone, just write or drop a email.
don't need to be a daily thing, just a note here and there to show u care.

snowspeeder said:
Some chose this way becos the pain is too unbearable (from what they perceive) and suicide is seen as a remedy to 'ease the pain'. Not all problems can be solved. Sometimes you just have to live with it and deal with the issue a step at a time. And that calls for great courage and support.

A step at the time? sometimes the next step is better to leave. Afterall there are plenty of ppl out there who deserve the air, water, and food you take in. Compare to the great people who doesn't want to die, who are u such an useless person who doesn't want to fight for your own life deserve?

centuryegg said:
True, one reason is also when they fear hearing "Why you so stupid, what to go kill yourself? STUPID, SILLY, SENSELESS"... these words only enforce their low self esteem and makes it worse. Hence with no help, they feel so hopeless that they decide to end it all...

:thumbsup: And u will be surprised who might be the frist person who say that.... family....

gundugundu said:
Death is a permenent solution for a temporary problem.... so not a wise move..:nono:

That's a cliche you'd do well not to repeat to someone contemplating suicide. Death is a permanent solution, and it WILL be imposed on everyone eventually. Not all problems are temporary, eg. a quadriplegic who's lost the freedom of mountain climbing - you'd be very cruel to tell him it's only temporary.

Death is really not a solution to problems. Really, think about the heartache and pain that the family and friends would have to go. And if a person thinks that after their death, the family would not have to bear their burdens anymore, their mentality is totally wrong.

On a side note, I realised when any suicides are sensationalised on TV, more suicides takes place after that.

people... may do suicide because they find that there wont be any worse condition others than their current condition.

anyone who commit sucide cannot be forgiven.
think of their family...the mother who gave birth to him/her....etc. those living will be suffer sadly over the lost of a close one death.

yes and in law i heard those who commit sucide are to be cane even if they are dead.

filofari said:
Death is really not a solution to problems. Really, think about the heartache and pain that the family and friends would have to go. And if a person thinks that after their death, the family would not have to bear their burdens anymore, their mentality is totally wrong.

On a side note, I realised when any suicides are sensationalised on TV, more suicides takes place after that.

in the frist place, my problems are my problems. Once i am dead, my problems die with me. Upon my death, my problems would never involve my family, only if they choose to take up my problems.
And u want to talk about heartache and pain? why don't we talk about the heartache and pain the person have now? Why don't the family bear their burdens now? why talk about bearing it after the person die? Death might not be a solution, but it's a choice.

Personally i don't think ppl want to commit or attempt suicide just to be "sensationalized", some really have serious problems, either with the society, themselves or family.... and it could just be they need help. Why not family pay attention to their own members? or frens pay more attention to frens.

dominator said:
anyone who commit sucide cannot be forgiven.
think of their family...the mother who gave birth to him/her....etc. those living will be suffer sadly over the lost of a close one death.

yes and in law i heard those who commit sucide are to be cane even if they are dead.
Then don't forgive. I don't think the person who die, really cares.
Why be sad? when you did not even notice the person being sad or unhappy in the frist place?

You gave life, doesn't mean you live my life.
And most importantly, don't choose my path in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.